• May 8th vs. The A’s

Posted by on May 8th, 2005 · Comments (6)

For a while now, I’ve been calling Kevin Brown a mother. But, today was mother’s day! Sweet fancy Moses – KB was not toying around out there this afternoon.

This makes it back-to-back victories for the Bronx Bombers. As you need to win two consecutive games at some point to start a winning streak, the “W” today is a beautiful thing.

This all said, prior to this series, I saw the following on the A’s in a report somewhere on the ‘net:

The A’s are batting just .241 as a team, with 19 home runs in 28 games. They have scored three runs or fewer 16 times.

Therefore, we have to wonder – at least a wee bit – was it us, or them, these past few games?

In any event, BTB wins will make going to work tomorrow AM somewhat easier and takes some of the sting out of the “I wanna shoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ot the whole day down” Monday blues.

And, of course, Happy Mother’s Day! to all the moms out there. Holy cow! Where would we be without you?

Comments on May 8th vs. The A’s

1. Phil
      May 8th, 2005 | 10:39 pm

Brown getting out of the two bases loaded spots was huge…doesn’t matter if it was agaisnt the A’s or the Bergen County Junior Minor League.

Now if Rivera can just get some saves….I have him in not 1, not 2 but all 3 of my roto leagues…and he is killin me!

Damn you tino and your 3 Run HR in the 8th…damn you!

2. May 8th, 2005 | 10:43 pm

Maybe it’s *you* putting the whammy on Mo? Please, trade him for Foulke or someone else on the Sox or O’s! :-)

3. Jen
      May 8th, 2005 | 11:03 pm

I dumped Gordon after Wednesday’s game hoping it would take the whammy off of him. So far so good.

4. Phil
      May 8th, 2005 | 11:31 pm

maybe I should….then again I have Brian Roberts in 2 of my 3 leagues, Joe Nathan in 2 of three and I picked up Bruce Chen in the last round in two leagues.

therefore- Rivera is being whammied from someone or somewhere else!

5. May 9th, 2005 | 9:35 am

Jen – thank you!
      Phil – ever think that you can only whammy Yanks by having them – and then you whammy them again by having players in their DIV that can hurt them when they do well?

There’s a reason for NL only roto-leagues! ;-)

6. Phil
      May 9th, 2005 | 1:28 pm

maybe you’re right…

my infield is all AL East players- mostly overachieving….Hillenbrand, Roberts, Lugo and Mora

My pitchers are Bedard, Chen and R Lopez on Baltimore….oh yeah…and Pavano and Kevin Brown.

but for the record- I do not have a single Red Sox on any of my teams!