• June 2nd @ The Royals

Posted by on June 2nd, 2005 · Comments (13)

Picture = 1,000 Words

62.jpg

Comments on June 2nd @ The Royals

1. Jason O.
      June 3rd, 2005 | 9:29 am

SL, the streak in May gave the team enough breathing room to absorb this sweep, just barely. The Yanks are still only 5 games out of first place on June 3.

Don’t get me wrong, I was depressed last night. But if they don’t forget this series, it will be a rough weekend in Minnesota.

2. JJay
      June 3rd, 2005 | 9:40 am

I didn’t even watch the game. I had other things to do and didn’t go out of my way to see the game. A Yankees game where the upside is taking 1 of 3 from the Royals? Good Lord.

3. June 3rd, 2005 | 9:58 am

At least NY doesn’t have to face Johan Santana this weekend. Still, Brown pitching on turf could be interesting.

If the Yankees play as ugly against Minny as they did v. the Royals, something is going to happen – former big 18-game streak or not.

4. Phil
      June 3rd, 2005 | 10:06 am

you have to keep it in persepctive

bottom line- as poorly as they have played, only 5 games out on 6/3

A division winner with 89 wins is still a drivision winner.

5. June 3rd, 2005 | 11:30 am

I know it’s *just* 5 games in the L column.
      That’s not the issue for me.
      The issue is losing games that they should be winning.

That’s never a good sign. It’s a sign that something is wrong.

6. June 3rd, 2005 | 11:30 am

I know it’s *just* 5 games in the L column.
      That’s not the issue for me.
      The issue is losing games that they should be winning.

That’s never a good sign. It’s a sign that something is wrong.

7. Jason O.
      June 3rd, 2005 | 2:36 pm

Hey, c’mon guys, have we mentioned that A-rod won AL player o’ the month for May??

I love the internet, where you can say things like that….If you do it in person, people tend to throw things at you…

8. June 3rd, 2005 | 2:38 pm

Mr. May Jr.?
      I hope not………..

9. Phil
      June 3rd, 2005 | 3:54 pm

Steve- noone is disputing the current state of the Yankees, something is obviously wrong.

But your picture implies that the Yankees are dead.

my point is that until they have been mathematically eliminated, there is always hope. That’s why they play the games….or maybe I am just a disillusioned fan who thinks we can’t miss the playoffs.

see 1978

To quote Rocky Balboa “I didn’t hear no bell….one more round”

June 3rd, 2005 | 4:15 pm

And there ya go, Phil (:

I’m not going to get worried until late sept, or the Yanks are mathematically eliminated

11. June 3rd, 2005 | 4:25 pm

For now, on the Miracle Max scale, they’re *mostly dead* IMHO.

12. JJay
      June 3rd, 2005 | 10:38 pm

If they’re not dead they’re in a freakin’ coma. This is depressing. That was the most predictable 1-2-3 9th inning ever.

I’m going to get drunk now.

13. Don
      June 4th, 2005 | 2:32 pm

Please do not compare the 1978 Yanks with this collection of paycheck collectors. Didn’t the 2004 ALCS tell you all you need know about this group? No heart, no soul. Bosox cleat marks all over ‘em.