• Take A Picture……

Posted by on June 23rd, 2005 · Comments (6)

…….because we might not see some current Yankees in pinstripes for too much longer this season. Who?

Here’s the list: Giambi, Gordon, Posada, Quantrill, Stanton, Stottlemyre, Tino, Torre, and Womack.

At least one of these names will be gone before Big Stein’s birthday on the 4th of July. Yes, it’s just a hunch. But, it’s one that I feel strong about.

Comments on Take A Picture……

1. June 23rd, 2005 | 10:30 am

I think Torre, Posada and Stott are safe (in that order). And Giambi is unmovable, so he’s not going anywhere either. But don’t forget about Buddy Groom.

2. June 23rd, 2005 | 10:59 am

Giambi could always be cut.

I think that would send a message to the team. Something along the lines of “No matter how much you make, if you don’t perform to expectations, you’re not going to be here.”

On Groom, I figure that Stanton is gone first, if the Yankees acquire, say, an Everyday Eddie type. Groom has shown more flashes of usefulness this year than Mike and should be bale to hang in there.

3. Jen
      June 23rd, 2005 | 11:40 am

What’s going to happen if/when Felix Rodriguez comes back?

4. June 23rd, 2005 | 11:55 am

Good question. Can they make him slip in the shower again?

5. phil
      June 23rd, 2005 | 11:56 am

Felix Who? Note to owners- going forward, no more career NL pitchers. Ever. Period.

Yesterdays loss was the worst loss of the year.

And I’m tired of this “I threw one bad pitch” garbage from Pavano….you gave up FIVE runs in 6 innings to the D-Rays. And your one bad pitch was huge.

Thats like missing a putt to win the Masters, then saying- “well- I had one bad putt”.

Jeez louise…when is Torre going to stop defending his poorly performing pitchers.

torre: “Well- Pavano had great stuff.”

WRONG!

6. June 23rd, 2005 | 7:46 pm

lol @ shower.

I hope Torre, Stottlemyre and Posada stay. I’d like to see Flash stay, too.