• July 7th vs. The Indians

Posted by on July 7th, 2005 · Comments (14)

Years ago, I remember seeing Flavor Flav, on some channel, doing a “Yo’ momma” thing with someone. And, he was flyin’.

Yo’ momma’s teeth are so yellow, I can’t believe it’s not butta. And, there also was: Yo’ momma’s so fat, she wears a refrigerator for a beeper.

Well, after the game tonight, I think we can change that last one to go: Yo’ momma’s so fat, she can’t even fit into Dale Scott’s strike zone!

Now, to the questions from tonight:

Is it just me, or was that fan in the gray T-shirt in RF tonight not Jeffrey Maier?

So, are we going to start calling CF in Yankee Stadium Melky’s Way? (I wish I knew what the bleachers used for roll call tonight – and if the kid knew to wave.)

Related, I did not notice Tony Womack on the bench tonight, did he jump the team after being told he was now a bench player?

How odd is to hear “slept on it funny” and “MRI” in the same sentence when Torre speaks about Gordon? What’s next, Mussina’s left foot falls asleep because he sits on the throne for too long reading a crossword with his left elbow resting on his thigh, so he goes for a battery of tests on his leg?

Who would have thought that the Yankees would be 3 and 1/2 back on July 7th after the way they’ve played so far this year?

Comments on July 7th vs. The Indians

1. Jen
      July 7th, 2005 | 11:24 pm

“I wish I knew what the bleachers used for roll call tonight – and if the kid knew to wave.”

Melky – clap clap – Melky – clap clap

He looked a bit confused when he heard his name but he did wave.

2. Dave in Boston
      July 7th, 2005 | 11:38 pm

God I love roll call.

3. Jen
      July 8th, 2005 | 12:15 am

What did the fan in the gray t-shirt do?

4. July 8th, 2005 | 2:28 am

I’m pretty sure I saw Mowack shaking hands on the field after the game. Jen, check my Bronx Banter write up for the deets on the fan in the grey shirt (I’m to lazy to rewrite it here).

5. July 8th, 2005 | 8:10 am

Thanks Cliff -
      I didn’t see him, but, I probably just missed him.

Jen – the same guy had a chance for the A-Rod homer and the Giambi HR, and let the ball go through his hands.

6. hopbitters
      July 8th, 2005 | 8:50 am

Does anyone know if Murcer is hurt or something? We’re going to the OTD game Saturday and we keep hearing the announce team plug the game and list everybody who will be there, but no mention of Bobby. Usually they make a big deal about him trying to hit one last HR. It’ll probably be our last game at the Stadium for a long time and I was really hoping to see him (my first Yankee game was his 3-HR game after Munson died).

7. Steve Lombardi
      July 8th, 2005 | 9:00 am

I thought I heard Kay last night mentioning that he would be there.

8. Jen
      July 8th, 2005 | 9:27 am

Thanks, Cliff & Steve.

July 8th, 2005 | 10:04 am

//I thought I heard Kay last night mentioning that he would be there.//

As did I. I believe David Justice will be there too. Justice said he’ll suit up, but won’t play for fear of killing someone with a line drive…

10. hopbitters
      July 8th, 2005 | 10:09 am

Thanks. I guess I just haven’t been turning the sound on at the right times (as if there are any these days).

11. Jason O.
      July 8th, 2005 | 10:16 am

Thank God Raf, because Justice will be out of the booth and we won’t hear his penchant for repeating VERBATIM what Kaat or Singleton say, scant seconds after they say it.

Yes, SL, I’m psyched to have the Yanks lying in wait for the Sox after the all star break (of course they still have to win at least 2 of the next 3)…Boston is all aflutter and distracted about Schilling as closer, Damon’s comments, et al.

Could you imagine a player in Torre’s clubhouse saying what Damon did? Here’s hoping Boston’s “freewheeling” clubhouse implodes.

12. JohnnyC
      July 8th, 2005 | 11:18 am

Guess it shows you how “grateful” they are to Schilling for winning their first Series in 86 years. Unlike the Boston media and fans, it’s obvious his teammates (like the ones in Philly and Arizona)can barely stand the guy and his self-centered self-important persona. Schilling’s made quite a living off Torre’s wonderful managing. Any real justice in the world and the lasting picture of Schilling should have been him in the DBacks dugout, tears welling in his eyes after giving up Sori’s game-winning, Series-winning home run. Damn!

July 8th, 2005 | 4:29 pm

And it would’ve, had Mo sealed the deal in gm 7.

FWIW, Schilling was a pretty good pitcher in Philly, AZ, and Boston last year. He may be “self-centered” or “self-important” but the stats back him up; he has every right to be that way.

14. Jen
      July 8th, 2005 | 4:38 pm

Raf, I agree that he’s a pretty good pitcher, but personally I don’t think anyone has the right to be that way. Especially someone involved in a team sport.