• July 18th @ The Rangers

Posted by on July 18th, 2005 · Comments (10)

rockem.jpg

Imagine a no-pitching, back and forth, game so ugly and long that the YES cameras went on strike for the bottom of the 9th!

But, regardless of the fact that this game was not the one to show to outer-space aliens (upon their landing on earth) to explain the game of baseball, the important thing is that it’s a win!

And, the Yankees are in first place!
    Happy Birthday Joe.

Comments on July 18th @ The Rangers

1. July 19th, 2005 | 12:16 am

It’s a start! WS here we come! Don’t mess with the NY Yankees!

2. Don
      July 19th, 2005 | 1:15 am

Rock’m, Sock’m Robots.

MO needs a vacation right about now. Four games in five days.

3. philly phil
      July 19th, 2005 | 9:08 am

do you know why the camera went out in the 9th?

Because ESPN had bonus coverage of the game (after the twins-o’s game and some other coverage ended), and as a result- YES for whatever strange reason, got bumped. I switched to ESPN- and saw the game was on- and the second they ended their coverage- I went back to YES and the video was back on.

weird, huh?

4. hopbitters
      July 19th, 2005 | 9:27 am

That is weird, Phil. I wish I had thought of turning over to the ESPN broadcast.

5. July 19th, 2005 | 10:01 am

Thanks Phil. Talk about getting your wires crossed!

July 19th, 2005 | 10:08 am

**Thanks Phil. Talk about getting your wires crossed!**

Crossed, or cut?

I can totally seeing ESPN pulling the plug on the YES network tv van, only to plug it in after the game’s over… lol

7. Jason O.
      July 19th, 2005 | 11:21 am

SL: You’re dialed in…have you heard anything about El Caballero’s hamstring??

I’m worried that it’s torn.

8. July 19th, 2005 | 1:24 pm

Based on his reaction, and the reports/quotes I read this AM, I think this could be a month. Just a guess ‘tho.

9. Jen
      July 19th, 2005 | 8:05 pm

Uh, Steve, don’t know if you’re watching but Kay just said that yesterday’s game was like Rock’m Sock’m Robots.

Were you inspired by something he’s said before or is Mr. Kay getting lazy and looking at the interweb for material?

10. July 19th, 2005 | 8:16 pm

Wow.

Maybe MK reads WW?

I did that one last night on my own.

I’m flattered!