• Dennys Reyes

Posted by on July 26th, 2005 · Comments (6)

From the Times:

The Yankees could soon add a veteran left-handed reliever, Dennys Reyes, who was released by San Diego last Monday. Reyes’ agent, Oscar Suarez, said yesterday that Reyes was considering two teams, including the Yankees. Reyes, who has played for eight teams, would probably be assigned to Triple-A Columbus.

Pass. The Yankees don’t need no stinkin’ ‘nother Juan Acevedo.

I checked the stats. He can’t even LOOGY. He has zero value.

Comments on Dennys Reyes

1. philly phil
      July 26th, 2005 | 12:23 pm

I like how the agent says that Dennys is “considering two teams”….hey dumbell- you just got released!!! who the heck are you to be choosy?

If it were me, I would say “I am considering 31 teams at the moment…please call me.”

2. philly phil
      July 26th, 2005 | 12:25 pm

whoops…meant 29!

I got NFL on the brain….

July 26th, 2005 | 1:02 pm

=========

A LHP… (:

4. Joel
      July 26th, 2005 | 1:06 pm

This LOOGY stuff is ridiculous. Good pitchers get hitters out–regardless of whether they are lefty or righty. Anaheim has the best pen in baseball and they do not do any of this LOOGY stuff. You get Donnelly, Shields and K-Rod. Good luck.

LOOGY thinking gives you Wayne Franklin hanging curveballs to Hank Blaylock, with little thought about whether Franklin is really a major league pitcher to begin with.

And we all know what happens next…

5. July 26th, 2005 | 1:17 pm

Ditto.

July 26th, 2005 | 1:24 pm

===========================

It also gives pitchers like Jesse Orosco, John Candelaria & Tony Fossas nice long careers…