• August 2nd @ The Indians

Posted by on August 2nd, 2005 · Comments (12)

leiter.jpg

If it was up to me, Al gets just one more start now to determine if he stays or goes.

Given the date today, it would have been nice to see the Captain come through in the clutch during the 9th with a hit to tie the game. But, it was not to be for the Yankees tonight.

Comments on August 2nd @ The Indians

1. Joel
      August 2nd, 2005 | 11:02 pm

Leiter is painful to watch. He doesn’t trust his stuff so he’s constantly nibbling and missing. A lefty who throws 88-90 mph? Just throw it over the damn plate!!! David Wells is 3 years older (and about 100 lbs. heavier!) than Leiter and he’s on his way to 15 wins this year because he throws strikes.

Also, if we play some defense (i.e., Posada, Matsui) we save ourselves two runs.

Tino and Jeter have to do better than weak grounders to second after working Bob Wickman to a 3-1 count. If they hit it hard and get out–fine, that’s baseball. But if you don’t think you can do something with a 3-1 pitch, just leave it alone.

2. JeremyM
      August 2nd, 2005 | 11:25 pm

I’m starting to think Posada is done. Teams run on him at will (he can’t even make good throws to third anymore!) and he hits with a wet noodle. Even a productive out is beyond his abilities. This is probably just perception, but I think all but one or two of his home runs have come in blowouts. I like the guy, but catching ages some guys faster than others.

3. August 2nd, 2005 | 11:31 pm

Is it just me, or is the Tribe’s 1B coach really odd shaped?

4. Josh
      August 2nd, 2005 | 11:42 pm

Can you say Aaron Sele? Leiter gets one more start at most. We’re now down 3 1/2 to the Sox, 3 to the A’s. We simply can’t afford to give any more “Leiter” games away.

5. Kevin
      August 2nd, 2005 | 11:50 pm

78 pitches in 2+ innings. Vintage Al.

6. Jen
      August 2nd, 2005 | 11:59 pm

Posada hasn’t been the same since he got hit in the face last year.

7. August 3rd, 2005 | 10:14 am

I think his pretty wife drags him out into the nightlife too much, maybe?

August 3rd, 2005 | 10:30 am

Sele isn’t the answer.

9. Jason O.
      August 3rd, 2005 | 1:19 pm

Scott Proctor: Very promising performance last night.

10. philly phil
      August 3rd, 2005 | 1:30 pm

is this the thread where everyone writes one quick line? here’s mine:

Bob Wickman is scary looking

11. August 3rd, 2005 | 1:41 pm

I’m just bummed that no one commented on my graphic!

August 3rd, 2005 | 3:56 pm