• August 7th @ The Blue Jays

Posted by on August 7th, 2005 · Comments (7)

When I was around 10-years-old, I remember my best friend at time, Joey, saying to me “There’s nothing better to fall asleep to than a baseball game.”

And, the game today, to me at least, was one of those perfect set-ups for a ballgame induced nap – comfy couch, hot Sunday afternoon in August, and some pretty benign (for the most part) middle innings. Zzzzzzz……..and, then, just enough noise in the 9th to wake you up before the missing the end of the game. And, a happy ending with the Yankees holding on for the win.

Leiter, 102 pitches, 51 strikes and 51 balls. I’m still not sold – but, what choices do the Yankees have these days when guys like Chacon and Small are they best chances for a good pitched game?

Up next, the very annoying Ozzie Guillen. Call me crazy, but, I’m expecting at least one benching clearing brawl in this series. And, you know what? That’s not always a bad thing to happen to a team in a race for first.

Comments on August 7th @ The Blue Jays

August 7th, 2005 | 5:51 pm

===================================

2. Paul in Boston
      August 7th, 2005 | 6:43 pm

No, I’m not sold on Leiter either, but who is going to pitch for our very fragile team? Sounds like Pavano is out, and Johnson will miss his next start.

That comment from Rodriguez about needing 6 runs a game (or whatever he said) will prove prophetic.

3. August 7th, 2005 | 8:19 pm

//Yeah, and Mussina can get dropped on his shoulder, knocking him out for the rest of the season…//

Most fights start after the SP has at least 100 pitches. Moose will be in the hot tub when the sparks start to fly. Besides, if I had to pick one, I would say it would be Tanyon or Embree to stick up for the team before one of the SP.

4. Jen
      August 7th, 2005 | 9:08 pm

I say El Duque will start it by throwing at Posada.

August 8th, 2005 | 10:25 am

==========================================

Yeah, the scrubs & expendible players are usually the more vocal ones, the first ones into the fray.

Duque’s starting tonight, so I may make my way down to the Stadium tonight….

6. Joel
      August 8th, 2005 | 3:08 pm

Duque vs. Moose–it will be 9:30pm in the third inning.

7. Makofan
      August 8th, 2005 | 3:44 pm

Leiter has had 5 starts

2 have been brutal, three have been very good. If he even makes half his starts 2 runs or fewer, he is worth putting out there every 5 games – who wouldn’t want a 5th starter who goes .500?