• August 11th vs. The Rangers

Posted by on August 11th, 2005 · Comments (12)

If you ever wondered what it would be like to go on a date with a super model who had acute halitosis, tonight’s game, from the Yankees fan perspective, gives you a taste of what that would be like…it’s a needed win, no question, and that’s exciting, but, there were some parts related to the experience of watching this game that were just a total turn-off.

In any event, bottom line, it’s goal met tonight in my eyes – with the “W” the Yankees do what they need to do in terms of Wildcard Standings position. That’s good.

It’s a darn shame that Big Stein cannot clone Mo.

If Leiter gets knocked out early tomorrow, that would be terrible after the amount of pitchers the Yankees used today in the last 4 innings of this game. If ever there was a time that the Yankees could use a 16-5 laughter win, tomorrow would be it.

Comments on August 11th vs. The Rangers

1. Joel
      August 11th, 2005 | 11:36 pm

I don’t care if John Garland wins 23 games, if Mo continues like this, he’s the Cy Young winner.

2. Jen
      August 12th, 2005 | 1:04 am

As Gordon was getting himself into trouble, Mo was in the bullpen just standing next to the phone like he was waiting for it to ring, just flipping his weighted ball in the air. After a bit he sat down. Then, Gordon got himself into deeper trouble and the bullpen coach ran up to the phone and Mo started to warm-up. I just figured Joe had finally made the call. Listening to the post-game on the radio I come to find out that it was the bullpen that called the bench to let them know that Mo says he’s ready to go in. I think he threw about 5 warm-up pitches.

I *heart* Mo.

3. Don
      August 12th, 2005 | 3:14 am

Gordon slips fielding that dribbler. If he doesn’t, inning over and we don’t see/need MO with the bases loaded.

4. JJay
      August 12th, 2005 | 8:28 am

I know it didn’t turn out to be any big deal but when Matthews made that running catch on that ball hit by Giambi (in the 2nd I think) I just yelled out, “(Bleepin’) Center-fielders!”. It is so frustrating to see this other team’s CF’ers making these running catches night in and night out and we have to hold our breath on a routine fly.

5. hopbitters
      August 12th, 2005 | 8:46 am

Maybe the bullpen needs to start managing itself. They can’t possibly be any more clueless about what’s going on out there than Torre.

6. Shaun P
      August 12th, 2005 | 9:40 am

Given what Jen has told us, maybe the bullpen IS managing itself now. You figure Mo is probably a smart guy as well as our most valuable pitcher.

7. Jason O.
      August 12th, 2005 | 9:52 am

That game was (and every reamining game will be) like the alley fight between Roddy Piper and Keith David in the movie “They Live.”

8. Jason O.
      August 12th, 2005 | 9:54 am

duh…george…that’s remaining.

9. Josh
      August 12th, 2005 | 10:44 am

Wow, Jason O! I can’t match a reference to the obsure “They Live”, although any movie starring Rowdy Roddy has got to be a good one. Very impressive. I will say this: I hope we see a lot more of James “Go Tell It on the Mountain” Baldwin in this series.

10. Jen
      August 12th, 2005 | 11:07 am

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubblegum.

11. Sean
      August 12th, 2005 | 11:35 am

Yankees Savior Mariano Rivera. I hope he wins the Cy Young this year

12. Jason O.
      August 12th, 2005 | 12:09 pm

Josh, it’s an average flick that happens to have one of the five best movie fight scenes. Just two guys brutally fighting in an alley. (Includes Piper being kneed in the cojones about 4 times in a row) Keith David was a John Carpenter staple, his character was the guy who made it with Kurt Russell to the end of “The Thing.” Has has been in several good movies.

Piper is Piper.