• August 19th @ The White Sox

Posted by on August 19th, 2005 · Comments (7)

Nobody likes to hear it, because it’s dull, but the reason you win or lose is darn near always the same – pitching. – Earl Weaver

Although, I confess, given the way the Yankees bullpen has been performing lately, just for a change of pace, with the hope that it brought some luck, once Mussina was out of the game, and the Yankees fate tonight was left to the pen, I switched from WOR to WGN (in the bottom of the 8th).

Gosh, those guys on WGN are huge homers and incredible bores. But, I had to take one for the team tonight.

Just finding a way to get it done…….

Comments on August 19th @ The White Sox

1. August 20th, 2005 | 8:59 am

I was forced to watch WGN the whole way, turned the sound off or way down most of the time. The announcers for the ChiSox go way beyond boorish. They are obnoxious. Nothing the other team does is good, and nothing the ChiSox do is bad. It’s that simple, and so are they. Ugh.

2. DFLNJ
      August 20th, 2005 | 10:42 am

MLB.tv had the whole game on WGN last night. If I hear “he gone” in that stupid southern drawl after one more Yankees strikeout, I’m gonna lose my mind.

3. Ryan
      August 20th, 2005 | 11:14 am

Just be glad there weren’t any homeruns last night.

“You can put it on the boooooooaaaaardddd! YESSSS!!”

Ugh.

4. August 20th, 2005 | 12:40 pm

C’mon, John Sterling is any better? Sterling drives me absolutely crazy – terrible calls, pointing out the absolute obvious of the game and trying to manufacture signature moments. “Thuh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh Yankees win!” Uh-oh… time to jumpstart Sterling again, his battery’s running down.

5. Paul in Boston
      August 20th, 2005 | 1:18 pm

I have mixed feelings about Sterling. On the one hand, I hate his repeated refrains: “Bernie goes boom”, “Back to back, and belly to belly” “Alexander the Great”, and of course, “The Yankees win thing”. However, I find his enthusiasm for the game of baseball wonderful, and he’s not afraid to criticize the Yanks when they’re bad. All in all (and I realize I’m in the minority), I’d keep him.

I hate Kaye.

6. hah
      August 20th, 2005 | 2:52 pm

sterling is great what makes him much better than the hawk and dj of the black sox is that even when the yankees are losing he doesnt act like hes near death like those two clowns do! they are a disgrace to baseball and if my home team employed 2 guys like that and i had to endure them every game i dont think i could watch

7. Bozo the Homey
      August 20th, 2005 | 4:01 pm

Then again as Yankke fans, the White Sox their fans and WGN don’t really give a crap what we think. I’m sure most of White Sox fans love’em. As for Sterling he’s great, he makes a lot of mistakes , but his enthusiasm makes him fun. I love his stupid little catch phrases. As for Kay he’s not bad, he was great with Sterling. Kay’s only problem is his arrogance and pompousness(sp?), someone remind the twerp he’s just a baseball announcer not the Secretary of State, what a jerk.