Batting Average/On Base Average/Slugging Percentage numbers for some Yankees starters, thanks to the Baseball Musings Day By Day Database:
From July 21st through yesterday:
From August 7th through yesterday:
1. A-Rod sure seems to be doing his best to carry this team on his back. I hope he can keep this up for another six weeks.
2. It would surely help this team if Matsui would start hitting like we know that he can – when he’s right.
3. You have to keep playing Tino now until he stops hitting.
4. Could it be possible that Posada is about to start pulling his weight at the plate? He’s trending up the last two weeks.
5. Yes, that’s no typo on Giambi. Over the last two weeks, his Batting Average and Slugging Percentage are the same – .097. Yes, that’s oh-ninety-seven.
6. I remembered hearing that, last month, Robinson Cano had commissioned Vernon Wells Sr. (yes, the father of the Blue Jays CF) to paint a portrait of himself, his dad, Jackie Robinson and Rod Carew – all together. Maybe he should have thrown in Tony Womack too?