• Jays-Sox Rained Out 9/26

Posted by on September 26th, 2005 · Comments (6)

Day/Night Doubleheader tomorrow at Fenway for the make-up game. I wonder: Will this mean that someone will have to pitch on short rest on October 1st? Will he do it carrying a bloody umbrella?

Comments on Jays-Sox Rained Out 9/26

September 26th, 2005 | 9:58 pm

Even better, is the difficulty in sweeping a doubleheader (:

Here’s to a couple of high scoring games where the BoSox pitching staff gets worn out :cheers:

2. September 27th, 2005 | 12:38 am

I just read that “Curt Schilling, slated to start Monday night, will now pitch Tuesday night against the Blue Jays and then in the regular-season finale against New York at Fenway Park on Sunday – instead of Saturday.”

Gotta guess that means Wakefield on Saturday. Well, that changes a lot of stuff.

3. James Varghese
      September 27th, 2005 | 8:27 am

I personally would like to think that it changes it for the better. Wang stays pitching against a hurting Wells, who’s gutsy…but guts can only take you so far against the Yankee lineup (IF THEY TAKE PITCHES!) As it stands now, RJ has already outdueled Wakefield who is the best pitcher on the staff right now. So you have our best versus their best, and I believe that’s an advantage for the Yanks. Finally, a rehabbing Mussina vs. a rehabbing Shilling (misspelling intended) for the sweep. But hey, that’s just me.

4. September 27th, 2005 | 8:52 am

I gotta think that the Sox are upset now that their “big game” starter is slated for a game that possibly might be moot. And, as such, I would not be shocked to see Schilling come out of the pen on Saturday, if needed.

5. JeremyM
      September 27th, 2005 | 9:22 am

The way that Wakefield pitches against us, this will probably end up working out for them- he matches up great against Johnson. Hopefully the Sox can drop at least one today and the Yanks continue their winning ways.

September 27th, 2005 | 11:16 pm