• John Lackey

Posted by on October 5th, 2005 · Comments (9)

Tonight, the Yankees face John Lackey. Personally, when I think of Lackey….

000lackey.jpg

….I see a little bit of a Napoleon Dynamite smile there. In any event, I was surprised to hear Giambi talk about Lackey after the game last night. Jason said that he expects Lackey to win a Cy Young Award in the near future. Wow. Is this guy that good?

Since the All-Star break this year, he has been that good. In fact, only Johan Santana and Kevin Millwood were better starters in the AL since the break.

The Yankees have their hands full tonight with this guy.

Comments on John Lackey

1. Shaun P.
      October 5th, 2005 | 11:06 am

Before this year, I always wondered why anyone would be high on Lackey. But his stats this year – wow.

SL, I have to ask – how much do the Yanks jack up their ticket prices for the playoffs? The Boston FOX affiliate ran a story last night after the game, about how a good seat at the Cell in Chicago (with access to all sorts of ammenities, like waiter service) + round-trip airfare + a hotel room cost was about equal to a comparable seat at Fenway with no ammenities. The Globe also ran a story about it: http://tinyurl.com/8obdm

Seems kinda crazy, but Cliff mentioned that the Yanks jack up their prices too.

2. Jason O.
      October 5th, 2005 | 11:22 am

Is he better than Colon?
      The Yanks are going to rake this guy.
      You say “I think he’s going to win a Cy Young” when you think you’re going to rake him, so you and your team look like superstars as you’re raking him.

3. October 5th, 2005 | 11:29 am

Shaun – see: http://www.waswatching.com/archives/2005/08/they_must_think.html

Normally, my seats are $50 each.

October 5th, 2005 | 12:08 pm

Playoff tickets are usually double the regular season price. Or around that number; prolly higher (:

5. JJay
      October 5th, 2005 | 12:57 pm

I wonder if he has good nunchuck skills. FRIGGIN’ IDIOT!

6. October 5th, 2005 | 1:03 pm

LOL JJay.

7. Philly Phil
      October 5th, 2005 | 3:29 pm

he spent his summer hunting Liger….with a friggin twelve gage, what’dya think?

can someone bring him his chapstick?

8. October 5th, 2005 | 4:09 pm

“Just ask the nurse; I know she’s got like 5 sticks in her drawer.”

- “I’m not gonna use hers ya sicko!”

9. October 5th, 2005 | 10:51 pm

…’cept for Yankee fans, “Vote for Pedro” has an entirely different connotation.