• Cash Not Playing MB Games

Posted by on November 20th, 2005 · Comments (8)

From Newsday:

Cashman is said to be “dead set against” the volatile Milton Bradley. And with Cashman’s newfound power holding through three weeks, Bradley appears out.

That’s sweet music to my ears.

Comments on Cash Not Playing MB Games

November 20th, 2005 | 11:41 am

I think it’s a mistake, but whatever. I’d like to know why; if it’s one of those “Yankee way” things, he may need a stern talking to…

Anyway, perhaps they can snag a CF by trading Pavano. With each passing day, their options get more and more limited, and the price gets higher and higher.

2. JohnnyC
      November 20th, 2005 | 12:06 pm

It’s ironic that the man who heads the “Safe at Home” foundation would decline the opportunity to turn his words into deeds by taking Bradley under his wing. Oh well, Albert Belle is Torre’s idea of a good Yankee but not Bradley. Go figure.

3. JohnnyC
      November 20th, 2005 | 12:07 pm

Correction…Joey Belle.

4. JohnnyC
      November 20th, 2005 | 12:09 pm

Raf, it’s reported that the Yankees are not interested in either Logan or Monroe. Or, possibly, don’t want to trade Pavano. It’s probably 60% the latter. Again, I’d like to see Guidry/Kerrigan work with Pavano before I’d close the book on him.

November 20th, 2005 | 12:24 pm

==============

Pavano’s been in the majors for 8 years. WYSIWYG.

The reason I see the Yanks not wanting to trade him is because they’re going to have to pick up a chunk of his salary.

6. November 20th, 2005 | 1:00 pm

Pavano wants out, and I’ve read where they are trying to accomodate him, it just isn’t a front burner issues. I’m not sure I’d want Logan or Monroe either, at least not just one of them for Pavano. We already have light-hitting speed in Crosby and I’m betting he turns into a hitter this year.

7. JohnnyC
      November 20th, 2005 | 1:02 pm

Detroit has money. They offered Pavano almost the same deal. They’re dangling BOTH Monroe and Logan. If the Yankees want to get rid of Pavano, here’s the perfect chance. But, they think they can get value out of him because Kerrigan is on the job now…the man who was his pitching coach in Montreal. And Kerrigan is Cashman’s call. You connect the dots.

November 20th, 2005 | 2:23 pm

===============

Montreal RSAA

1998: -6
      1999: -10
      2000: 17
      2001: -8
      2002: -18

I don’t think it’s going to happen. Pavano cashed in on a career year. Even with a 27 RSAA in 2004, that bumped his total to -4 for his career