• Blank Generation

Posted by on January 26th, 2006 · Comments (6)

Just this AM I read another (print) report about how the future of the Red Sox will be nothing but rosy, and that they’re all set up, thanks to having pitching prospects like Jonathan Papelbon, Craig Hansen, and Jon Lester in their stable.

When I see stuff like this, three words come to mind: Wilson, Pulsipher, and Isringhausen.

TINSTAAPP baby. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Comments on Blank Generation

January 26th, 2006 | 2:23 pm

There may be NSTAAPP but I’d be willing to take my chances. Rather have them than not.

2. January 26th, 2006 | 3:59 pm

How many great pitchers are with the team that drafted them?

You grow position players and buy/trade for pitchers – if you want to win now.

January 26th, 2006 | 4:41 pm

How many great pitchers are with the team that drafted them?
      =======================

Not many great pitchers out there, but I’m thinking of cases like Wood-Zambrano-Prior (Cubs), or Zito-Mulder-Hudson (Oakland), or all the arms that came out of the Astros system not too long ago (Oswalt-Reynolds-Miller-Elarton-Wagner-Lidge). Or the Dodgers’ system (Martinez-Nomo-Valdez-Astacio), so on and so forth.

Even if you do want to win now, you do a combination of growing and buying/trading pitching

4. JohnnyC
      January 26th, 2006 | 8:52 pm

Remind how many championships the Cubs, A’s, Astros, and Dodgers have won since 1989? They’ve won so many I’ve lost track.

January 27th, 2006 | 12:30 am

==========

About the same the Yanks have won since 2001.

What’s your point? There are quite a few ex yank farmhand pitchers out there

6. redbug
      January 27th, 2006 | 9:11 am

Andy Pettitt (until we foolishly let him get away). Mo Rivera.