• When A Man’s Thoughts Turn To “Spring”

Posted by on March 27th, 2006 · Comments (10)

0000steinpills.jpg

Cashman to the Big Stein: Don’t worry. I know a guy who knows a guy who can get those blue pills on the low down and cheap.

To which, Yogi, on the far right (with his back to the camera) adds: Yeah, George. Your Yoo-hoo isn’t even carbonated.
    __________

Note to self: Steve, just one week until the real games start. Hang in there bunky. Pretty soon you won’t have to make stuff up…….

Comments on When A Man’s Thoughts Turn To “Spring”

1. JeremyM
      March 28th, 2006 | 10:05 am

Here’s a question for you: has Bernie played in right or left at all this spring? Pretty sad if the WBC played him in right at least and the Yanks didn’t. I see he’s been in center a little bit.

2. JeremyM
      March 28th, 2006 | 10:07 am

Nevermind I see he was in left against Detroit on Sunday!

3. JeremyM
      March 28th, 2006 | 10:17 am

One last thing: any chance we take a flier on Pena in Columbus? http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5445586

Sturtze has pitched like crap this spring from what I can tell, and Mendoza has actually looked good.

4. March 28th, 2006 | 10:30 am

I know Bernie played some RF in Tampa too. Pena? He’s average at best – and has a bit of a ‘tude. Pass.

Right now, there’s a good chance that Sturtze does not make it through the whole season, IMHO.

March 28th, 2006 | 12:11 pm

===============
      From Today’s NY Daily News

Williams played left field Sunday against the Tigers, but he has been working mostly in right field. Torre said Williams likely would play more right field – replacing Gary Sheffield – when he does play in the outfield.

Link

March 28th, 2006 | 12:22 pm

Pena? He’s average at best – and has a bit of a ‘tude. Pass.
      ================

From the Detroit Free Press
      “He couldn’t do that enough. “Sometimes he overanalyzes … he’s very intelligent,” Dombrowski said.

Dombrowski said Pena “tried to do as much as he can working with people from the mental aspect of the game.” Dombrowski declined to identify those people.”

Doesn’t sound like an attitude problem to me.

I hope the Yanks take a flyer on him, but I do not think he will be unemployed for too long. I see Durazo’s avaialable as well.

Cheap talent. A lefty bat with pop. You WANT players like this.

So far, we’ve had Choi, Branyan and Pena available. I see Durazo’s available now too. Someone in the F.O. should be looking into this.

7. March 28th, 2006 | 1:05 pm
      March 28th, 2006 | 2:18 pm

Pena wants 500 ABs; he’s not going to get that with NY.
      ===================

It’s not impossible, if you think about it. They found over 900 AB’s for Tino, Bernie & Reuben.

9. brockdc
      March 28th, 2006 | 10:29 pm

Does Durazo have anything left? Seriously.

March 29th, 2006 | 9:58 am

Does Durazo have anything left? Seriously.
      =====

He’s a bit on the old side, and coming off TJ surgery, which may have affected his swing. The A’s are already stocked at 1B & DH.

Couldn’t hurt for a team to take a look at him.