• May 12th vs. The A’s

Posted by on May 12th, 2006 · Comments (8)

Simply Wang-der-full.

And, it could have not come at a better time. Nice and quick game too – compared to last night’s 4-hour root canal session.

Was it just me, or, was it fun to see our ol’ pal Funny Face Keisler again?

keisler.jpg

Comments on May 12th vs. The A’s

1. May 12th, 2006 | 10:18 pm

What a difference from last night! It is just so nice to win games like these. Our defense looked nice, lots of grounders. Wang was on the ball. His slider… just gorgeous.

2. Yu Hsing Chen
      May 12th, 2006 | 10:37 pm

Feeling like doomsday… and Wang turns it around and gets the Yankees on track… sounds familiar? :P ..Dejavu from last year?

Guess we Wang supporters were probably right that he’s just a slow starter that doesn’t do well in cold weather…

3 hitter through 8… the A’s got past first base ONCE… no ball that the outfielders actually even had to move back on… hard to top that.. and amazing someone can do it without a K heh… (kinda hard I guess when u rarely throw more than 3 pitches a at bat)

Although, the Yankee defense is definately getting better.. and that bold very well for both Wang and the Yankees

3. baileywalk
      May 12th, 2006 | 11:39 pm

I thought everyone said we couldn’t pitch or play defense. Oops. Maybe this will get Phillips some starts at first base. And Melky got another base hit. Which means Torre’s probably not itching to replace the youngster yet.

In more good news: Pavano had a good start at Trenton. He allowed three hits over six innings, and one of the hits was a bunt single.

May 13th, 2006 | 2:53 am

=================
      According to the MLB site, he left the game early with tightness in his bicep. Pavano says that it’s “normal,” I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

He’s on schedule to make his next start…

“I made some great pitches,” Pavano said. “My location was good, my velocity was good; I felt good. I was supposed to throw a few more pitches than 63. But Monty said ‘That was it.’ Every time out, I’m extending myself a little more”

5. rbj
      May 13th, 2006 | 9:23 am

Warning: Run Fairy just got released by the Buffalo Bison of the IL. It’s on the loose.

6. hopbitters
      May 13th, 2006 | 10:05 am

I’m sure glad we called up Reese so Torre could trot The Butcher into RF. And now he hit a HR, so we’ll never be rid of him.

7. May 13th, 2006 | 11:28 am

rbj – who, Karasy?

8. rbj
      May 13th, 2006 | 1:46 pm

Run Fairy = Felix Heredia.