Via the Baseball Musings Day By Day Database, I was just looking at the stats of some key Yankees hitters since the big series up at Fenway:
Some random thoughts (in the form of questions) looking at these numbers:
- Is there any question that Jeter is the MVP of this team?
- Maybe there is some sense to starting Matsui in LF over Melky in the post-season?
- Has the league caught on to Abreu?
- Should Bernie not be on the bench in the post-season – and should Williams be the Yankees October DH?
- Can Cano and Posada keep this up in the playoffs?
- Where’s Johnny been the last month?
Am I the only one (?) who thinks the answers here are:
No. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. I hope so. And, I dunno.
If not, do these answers bother you (outside of the Jeter one) as much as me?