• September 29th vs. The Blue Jays

Posted by on September 29th, 2006 · Comments (6)

Is it Tuesday yet?
    Is it Tuesday yet?
    Is it Tuesday yet?

That’s all I can think about now. Gosh, I can only imagine how this is driving the Yankees players crazy too.

Nice to see Moose be sharp – given the Unit news, Mussina better be wicked sharp in the post-season for the Yankees to have a good chance at this point.

The LDS has always been a tricky beast – given that it’s the best of five. It’s OK to lose one game in the LDS – but, the minute that you lose two games, you’re one game away from going home. Therefore, just about every game in the LDS is must win. This all said, if Randy Johnson is going to be a question, it’s best to leave the Big Unit off the squad. If David Wells in 2003 and Kevin Brown in 2004 have taught the Yankees anything, it should be that you don’t show up at the marina unless you know for sure that your boat can float.

Joe, Cash, here’s some advice for you. Better to take your chances with a possible shaky five that Wright and/or Lidle can provide than to run Randy out there on an epidural high and all of a sudden it’s the second inning and you’re down by six.

Remember, in the LDS, once you lose one, you’re next door to losing two. And, once you lose two, you’re on life-support.

Right now, there’s a big part of me that wants to hear that Unit tried to play catch on Saturday (meaning tomorrow) and had to quit after three throws – and then the Yankees will have no option than to pass on him.

The Big Unit and I are close in age. (I am 9 1/2 months older.) I’ve never had a herniated disc; but, I’ve had my back go out on me, every once in a while, over the last few years. As any one with a back issue can tell you, when it goes, you’re toast. You probably shouldn’t even drive – much less start a playoff game.

Unless the Yankees can find some doctor who is willing to staple Johnson’s back together and dab some fake blood on his jersey…….oh, forget it. There’s no way getting Johnson out there like this is going to be good for New York.

The Yankees need to look at this Johnson news and say “Two tears in a bucket, mother [bleep] it.” Stuff happens, move on. I hope that they take this approach to it.

Comments on September 29th vs. The Blue Jays

1. bloodyank78
      September 30th, 2006 | 12:18 am

Is that a Public Enemy, a la Flavor Flav quote Steve? I guess you got a little Alex Belth Hip Hop Stylee in you. LOL, just kidding man; check out your Flash Gordon post, I left a message for you.

2. Garcia
      September 30th, 2006 | 5:32 am

I love that quote, Steve. I remember the line from a Method Man song a long time ago.

I used to always use that line. Glad to read that Steve uses it too. It might be fashionable to use it now. Steve is “always” at the start of any new trend.

I agree with what you are saying with RJ, I’m glad this came out now rather than right before game 3. I still haven’t forgiven fat-f*ck Wells for not telling Mel and Joe sooner. I still remember feeling worse than the night before (Weaver’s HR) when Jose F’ing Cuntreras was trotting out to the mound in Florida in the 2nd of inning of game 5.

BTW, in case you were wondering….that wasn’t a typo and I’m still pissed about the Yanks losing that series. Ugh!!!!

3. September 30th, 2006 | 9:09 am

LOL. I’m not getting Hip-Hop on ya’ll. I heard that expression in the movie “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.”

4. adam
      September 30th, 2006 | 10:01 am

personally, i don’t think the word “wicked” should appear in a yankee blog, unless it is being used to make fun of the boston, the red sox, or red sox fans.

but thats just me.

September 30th, 2006 | 10:02 am

Well, you DID use Gwen Guthrie a couple of entries ago, so I don’t know… lol

Of the two, I’d say Wright gets the start, given he has the experience Torre seems to crave.

Johnson can’t get any worse than he has been the last few times around in the rotation.

I guess it depends on how RJ does in his throw session today. For some reason, I cannot see Torre telling RJ “get some rest, and see you in the next round” if he’s capable of going.

Talk about bad timing…

6. baileywalk
      September 30th, 2006 | 10:52 am

The worst thing about the Johnson injury is that it gives Lidle a start in the post-season. Something I did not want to see.

It’s too bad Rasner got bombed the other day (thanks to inconsistent work); that took him right out of the discussion.

By the way, is any one else a little disturbed that Kyle Farnsworth was wearing glasses on the mound AND changed his motion right before the playoffs?