• Listen While You Work

Posted by on October 5th, 2006 · Comments (20)

FYI, for those stuck at work, where you can’t get a radio signal, you can listen to the game today, for free, on your PC.

Go to: 1050espnradio.com

and click on the “Listen Live” button.

Comments on Listen While You Work

October 5th, 2006 | 1:34 pm

Is anyone listening? It’s not coming through for me

2. October 5th, 2006 | 1:36 pm

FWIW, I just heard A-Rod go

Good Morning
      Good Afternoon
      Good Night – looking
      with the bases full and two outs in the 1st.

Do you have the speaker on your PC on?

3. christopher
      October 5th, 2006 | 1:43 pm

what was up with Jeter’s bunt? was he bunting for a hit or trying to sac?

October 5th, 2006 | 1:50 pm

Yep; usually spend the day listening to salsa on batanga.com.

I suppose the IT guys here are Mets fans? (:

No biggie, I can “watch” via gamecast.

October 5th, 2006 | 1:52 pm

OTOH, I’m downloading WMP 11 (9 is on the PC) and seeing if that solves the problem.

October 5th, 2006 | 2:05 pm

didn’t work either… don’t feel like fiddling with the pc here.

7. MJ
      October 5th, 2006 | 2:13 pm

Through 2 innings, exactly what I expected of the Yankees. Bad defense behind Moose, behind by 1 run early, absolutely nothing in the way of timely hitting…I see a 3-1 loss today. Fuckin’ Yanks.

8. October 5th, 2006 | 2:16 pm

It’s still early MJ, don’t give up on ‘em.

I’m listening via MLB.com – I’ve been a subscriber to their audio service since they started it. Nothing like being able to listen to the Yankees or the A’s or any game at all at work.

9. October 5th, 2006 | 2:20 pm

FWIW, Raf, I have a few guys here at work tuned in as well. Other than some of them getting the feed a few seconds behind me, no problems reported. It must be your job/PC, etc.

10. MJ
      October 5th, 2006 | 2:28 pm

Yankee RH batters: 0-6, 2K
      Yankee LH batters: 4-7, 1BB

If the Yanks can get anything going with their RH batters, we’d be crushing this guy.

AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!! All I want is for the Yanks to win, damnit.

11. MJ
      October 5th, 2006 | 2:31 pm

PS – Someone tell Robby that the playoffs started. Swinging at the first pitch with two on and one out is what Soriano would’ve done and I’m damn glad his NYY days are behind us.

October 5th, 2006 | 2:32 pm

=====
      Thanks… It’s the PC; my coworker’s connected. I don’t feel like trying to figure out what’s wrong with mine

13. MJ
      October 5th, 2006 | 3:00 pm

Sheff and ARod: 0-6, 4K
      Rest of team: 6-14, 4BB, 1K

This game really has all the makings of another hard-luck loss for Moose. Goddamnit it, I’m getting more pissed by the second.

14. October 5th, 2006 | 3:17 pm

Looks like we have a 3-inning game going now.

15. MJ
      October 5th, 2006 | 3:19 pm

Well, 2006 had its moments. Too bad the curtains are drawing yet again. Maybe next year Cashman will find some pitchers to go with the best lineup that never was…

16. MJ
      October 5th, 2006 | 3:23 pm

And, yes, I’m feeling very negative right now. I don’t know why the Yanks can’t ever do their best for Moose or why Moose himself can’t kick it up a notch a little bit. Going to Detroit 1-1 with a team that was on the skids like this and with our wretched back-end of the rotation is making me fuckin’ crazy.

17. October 5th, 2006 | 3:57 pm

Just got back from a meeting. Looks like I didn’t miss much. Is that good, bad, or both?

Probably both.

18. MJ
      October 5th, 2006 | 4:12 pm

Steve, you missed the usual…over-aggressive AB by Sheffield (who looks overmatched), Giambi K’ing on a 3-2 count, and ARod, predictably, being an automatic out (although this time on 4 pitches).

Combined, Sheff and ARod provided the team with 0-8 and 5K’s.

And the Yanks lose control of yet another playoff series that seemed so in the bag. Goddamn it I don’t want it to be winter already.

19. October 5th, 2006 | 4:42 pm

Unit gets a chance to earn his pay now tomorrow.

20. brockdc
      October 6th, 2006 | 12:08 am

“Unit gets a chance to earn his pay now tomorrow.”

Me thinks I’ve heard that one before…