• Do I Hear Twenty-Six?

Posted by on October 13th, 2006 · Comments (7)

The last record for most hits in a day for WasWatching.com was 24,083 – which happened on August 28, 2006.

Today, I just noticed that we had 25,262 hits (here) on October 11th. (Yes, I don’t check the counts everyday.)

This is now the new record.

Thanks to all for making this happen – and for your interest in WasWatching.com.

Comments on Do I Hear Twenty-Six?

1. brockdc
      October 13th, 2006 | 1:54 pm

Thank YOU, Steve.

October 13th, 2006 | 2:23 pm

Without you, this wouldn’t be possible. Thanks!

3. baileywalk
      October 13th, 2006 | 4:56 pm

This is definitely my favorite place to talk Yankees baseball. Because the host is a good writer, and he doesn’t rule over this place like an angry lord (as so many others do). There certainly is a “laconic” feel to this place, as the title says it would.

By the way, Steve, A-Rod left a message in his journal on his private web site and says he wants to stay with the team and is “100 percent committed to the responsibilities (he) has with this team.”

We keep talking about all the young players we could get in return for him, but something tells me he’ll be here next year. It’s funny — for all the “blow it up” talk we had, I think the only guy who will be gone is Sheff. Moose, Unit, A-Rod, Giambi — they’ll all be here.

4. JeremyM
      October 13th, 2006 | 6:45 pm

On an unrelated note, I feel like I’m in freaking bizarro world. Kenny Rogers is working on his second straight gem in the post-season? My God. Unbelievable. Looks like the Yanks didn’t choke so much as they were just bested by a better team, which I kind of felt anyway but I wanted to wait to see how the ALCS shaped up before confirming that. Well, last year I figured the White Sox had peaked and would be gone in the first round, and this year I figured the same thing about Detroit. Shows what I know.

5. October 13th, 2006 | 11:33 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys.

It has been a fun almost 18 months for me, for sure.

A-Rod’s site, B? You really think he’s writing that stuff?

6. JeremyM
      October 14th, 2006 | 1:24 am

Yeah, great work Steve, I just hope “we” can raise the bar so the record isn’t associated with Lidle’s tragic death. For what it’s worth, I’m good for 2 hits a day, at home and work:)

7. October 14th, 2006 | 10:12 am

LOL – you make WW sound like a crack pipe!