• A-Rod To The Cubs?

Posted by on October 17th, 2006 · Comments (10)

There are reports out now that suggest the Cubs have an interest in trading for Alex Rodriguez.

If this happens, I hope the Yankees insist that LHP Donnie Veal is included as part of any Cubs package.

I think the A-Rod to the Cubs deal can happen – since Chicago inked Piniella. In fact, if I was told this was the reason why the Cubs passed on Girardi, I would not be shocked.

Comments on A-Rod To The Cubs?

1. Jason
      October 17th, 2006 | 10:15 am

A-Rod will not be traded. How many times before the Yankees aquired A-Rod did the draw 4 million fans? ZERO. Like it or not…it is a business and that is how Steinbrenner ultimely looks at things.

2. MJ
      October 17th, 2006 | 10:36 am

I honestly don’t see the Cubs as a good fit for the Yanks to deal with. They have very little in the way of top prospects and they certainly don’t have much in the way of major league caliber players beyond Derrek Lee who obviously isn’t being traded.

As much as I utterly detest ARod at this point, I’d really rather not trade him to Chicago since the Yanks can get more from Houston, LA, Anaheim, San Diego, and the White Sox.

3. October 17th, 2006 | 10:51 am

Could end up being a three-way.

Just a hunch – but, I could see KC getting involved. They have a young 3B to move.

4. knuckles
      October 17th, 2006 | 11:28 am

Correlating A-Rod and the 4 million attendance figure is baseless. The Yanks are baseball’s #1 ticket, primarily because large portions of baseball game attendees only go see teams that win. Stands to reason that as long as they keep starting each season as a WS favorite/contender, they will continue to pack the place.

Besides, there’s only 2 more years in the current YS, and starting in 2009, Steinbrenner could put Jeter and eight Nick Greens on the field and sell the place out thru 2012.

5. RICH
      October 17th, 2006 | 2:57 pm

Donnie Veal? How’s his body language?

October 17th, 2006 | 3:21 pm

Donnie Veal? How’s his body language?
      =====

lol

7. October 17th, 2006 | 3:41 pm

~~~Donnie Veal? How’s his body language?~~~

I heard it’s the real veal.

October 17th, 2006 | 4:18 pm

*throws a rotten tomato at Steve*

lol

9. adam
      October 17th, 2006 | 6:52 pm

veal is pretty old to be in a ball huh?

10. Yu Hsing Chen
      October 18th, 2006 | 5:02 am

The Cubs farm suck man….. the only advantage in dealing with the Cubs is that their FO has a pretty long history of extreme stupidity… then again, the Dodgers havn’t exactly made the best deals this year either (the only good deals they pulled were with even dumber teams… Cubs and Nats… surprise!!) and they actually have a great farm.

I would still want Kuo or Billingsly/ Laroche / Brazobon or Broxton or some other prospects. I think this is probably the most realistic and reasonable deal for the Yankees to pull off if there’s a deal to be pulled.