• Proctor, Proctor, Give Me The News…..

Posted by on October 18th, 2006 · Comments (9)

From MLB.com:

Scott Proctor visited a doctor in Tampa this week, concerned about a possible bone chip in his right elbow.

His fears were quelled Wednesday, as an MRI exam, X-rays and a CT scan revealed no damage to his arm.

“It’s a relief,” Proctor said in a telephone interview.

Proctor, 29, was examined by Dr. Andrew Miller, one of the Yankees’ Tampa-based physicians, on Monday. According to Proctor, the tests showed an old injury near his elbow, but he was told that as long as it doesn’t bother him, it was nothing to worry about.

During the final month of the season, Proctor heard an occasional “clicking sound” in his elbow, leading him to believe there might be a bone chip. He spoke on Wednesday with team physician Dr. Stuart Hershon, who informed him that there was no bone chip and that no surgery would be necessary.

The test results will be sent for a second opinion to Dr. James Andrews, the orthopedist who typically handles all such matters for Yankees players.

Proctor plans to seek a second opinion in Miami for his own peace of mind, but is confident that his arm is sound.

“I feel good,” Proctor said. “This was the best news I could have heard.”

“…he was told that as long as it doesn’t bother him, it was nothing to worry about”

That would make me want a second opinion too.

Comments on Proctor, Proctor, Give Me The News…..

1. brockdc
      October 18th, 2006 | 3:32 pm

Joe Torre: Mangling relievers’ arms since 1996!

2. October 18th, 2006 | 3:38 pm

ROTFLMAO!

3. Pete
      October 18th, 2006 | 3:40 pm

Couldn’t the ‘clicking sound’ be akin to a knuckle cracking? I’ve had pops and cracking sounds in my knees & elbows, and I don’t have a bone chip, AFAIK…

4. RICH
      October 18th, 2006 | 3:45 pm

Wouldn’t hurt to get a 2nd opinion but I’ve had my orthopedist say the same thing about a clicking I had when I rotated my right ankle. Then again, I don’t make my living with my right ankle.

5. October 18th, 2006 | 4:20 pm

I used to never be able to sneak into the house late in HS because my mother would always hear my knees and ankles cracking as I tip-toed down the hall…

The joints in my legs don’t hurt now, 8+ years later, but if my legs had to potential to make me millions, I think I could find the time for a second opinion.

6. Jason O.
      October 18th, 2006 | 4:44 pm

Of course he heard a clicking sound…he needed the fluid changed in the hydraulic mechanism of his bionic arm…Oscar Goldman is Proctor’s agent, after all.

7. October 18th, 2006 | 5:21 pm

Time for a Glucosamine Group Hug!

8. October 18th, 2006 | 5:53 pm

Crap, this means Proctor’s going to miss 14 months…wait, sorry, I was thinking of Pavano.

9. Don
      October 19th, 2006 | 2:24 pm

Yeah, right, this is Joe Torre’s fault. Why didn’t I think of that!?

And those bone chips Pavano had were caused by Torre’s overuse of him too….. errrrrr….. nevermind.

How dare Torre get this team into the post season using whatever it takes.

Wonder how much BS LaRussa puts up with from Cardinal fans? Such as his running out there game-after-game Encarnacion, a career .205 hitter in the post season.