• Dude, Where’s My Car?

Posted by on January 23rd, 2007 · Comments (7)

Click on the thumbnail below for a larger view ~~~

The above concept image of the new Yankee Stadium is sweet to look at – until you think to yourself “Where are the parking lots?”

Aren’t they going to make it easier to get to Yankee Stadium? Wasn’t that the plan? If the parking lots are 5 miles away from the Stadium, is that going to make it easier?

Comments on Dude, Where’s My Car?

1. January 23rd, 2007 | 11:25 pm

Looks to me like the 4, B and D are right there. Who needs parking lots??

/Ignoring people from outside of New York City.

January 23rd, 2007 | 11:35 pm

I was under the impression that they’d be using the parking lots currently in service, which would be across the street from the stadium

3. Garcia
      January 24th, 2007 | 12:01 am

Steve, best way to get to the stadium is if you go to the Fordham road exit or 230th street on the Deegan, then take the back roads and come through Woodycrest and park around that area. You can then walk to the stadium – about 2 city blocks. I never have a problem. If game-time is at 7:05, I can leave my house at 6:30 and be there for first pitch and sitting at my seat by 7:02 – unless there’s heightened security or something, then I’m late.

Never get back on the Deegan from the stadium either – too much traffic. Head north through Ogden and go to Fordahm road and take the West Side back to the GW. You’ll easily shave off a good 15 – 20 minutes of waiting.

This year though, I plan on avoiding the stadium at all costs. Last year I almost succeeded, till I was handed two seats behind homeplate for the 2nd game of the ALDS.

4. Mr. Furious
      January 24th, 2007 | 7:58 am

I was under the impression that they were also going to be building a parking garage, and that there would actually be significantly more parking at the new stadium than at the old one.

5. jamesonandwater
      January 24th, 2007 | 8:35 am

Ha, my first reaction was the same as Kabak’s.

6. Mike
      January 24th, 2007 | 8:49 am

Here is some information from the New Yankee Stadium Wiki page:

“Parking lots and garages: Aside from existing parking lots and garages serving the stadium, construction for additional parking garages is planned. The New York State Legislature agreed to $70 million in subsidies for a $320 million parking garage project. It is not clear who would fund the remaining $250 million and who would reap the parking revenue. This would give the Yankees approximately 3,000 more parking spaces than the total amount that the current stadium has.”

Also, I think they were building some parks on the roofs of the parking structures, which may be under that running track looking thing next to the old Yankees Stadium. Does anyone else remember hearing something about that?

7. January 24th, 2007 | 9:27 am

You never want to park on a roof – unless you want to waste an hour snaking down to the street level after the game.

~~~Never get back on the Deegan from the stadium either – too much traffic.~~~

I never take the Deegan either. I take the GWB to University Ave Exit and then local streets down to Jerome.