• Heartbreaker, Brubaker….

Posted by on January 23rd, 2007 · Comments (7)

File this one under “What Would Gabe Paul Listen To”?

This morning I was stuck in traffic on I-287 north-bound – there was a huge glass spill that backed up traffic for about 8 miles.

As I’m sitting in traffic, I notice a FedEx truck in the lane next to me, about three or four cars ahead. The truck was dirty – covered in dust. Someone wrote on the back of the truck, with their finger, in the dust, “Ridin’ Dirty.”

I laughed when I saw that. Times have changed since when I was a kid. Back in my day, that FedEx truck would have been a target for “Wash Me” – but, “Ridin’ Dirty” never existed then…heck, Hip-Hop didn’t exist then either.

This made me think of the references where Yankees G.M. Brian Cashman disclosed that he listens to Hip-Hop.

That makes me feel very old. But, it also makes me wonder – do you think Big Stein has ever left Cashman’s office humming DMX’s “Where The Hood At?” without realizing it?

Comments on Heartbreaker, Brubaker….

January 23rd, 2007 | 3:27 pm

I just had an “Office Space” flashback :)

January 23rd, 2007 | 3:28 pm

“You know the peeps want the stash…”

3. January 23rd, 2007 | 3:37 pm

I love that Avis Gangsta Rap Commercial.

4. Garcia
      January 23rd, 2007 | 4:02 pm

I think they roll a blunt, talk about their next move, then hit Big Stein’s favorite spot – I-Hop. On the way to the “set” of where they’ll be discussing their next BIG Yankee move, they are listening to NAS’ “Life’s a bitch”, Eric B’s “Paid in full”, and Big Stein’s personal favorite when he’s with Cash-Money Notorious B.I.G’s “Me & My Bitch”. Nothing better than when you have the munchies to eat one of those chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream. There’s a good reason why a gazillionaire still hits the I-HOP, and I have my own theories and I’m sticking to them.

I’m left to wonder if Big Stein and Cash like Dutch Masters or Phillie Blunts. Hmmm…..

5. RICH
      January 23rd, 2007 | 4:06 pm

Glass spill?

6. January 23rd, 2007 | 4:39 pm

~~~Glass spill?~~~

Yeah, it looked like a half-dozen store fronts dropped on the road – all glass. It was a mess.

January 23rd, 2007 | 5:24 pm

I think they roll a blunt, talk about their next move…
      ============
      That would explain why they signed Minky & Cairo…