• Schilling: I Would Not Play For The Yanks

Posted by on January 29th, 2007 · Comments (6)

From the Boston Globe -

Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling said this morning on Boston sports radio station WEEI that he will not retire from baseball at the end of this season, as he previously had planned.

“I will play in 2008,” were the words Curt Schilling told Red Sox Nation this morning on WEEI.

His contract with the Red Sox ends after this season.

“Where I’m going to play beyond 2007, I hope it’s Boston, but I will go out and find a home to pitch,” he said. “I hope it’s here but there’s also that possibility [of pitching for another team].”

Would he consider pitching for the Yankees in 2008?

“It wouldn’t be in New York,” Schilling told host Gerry Callahan. “No. I could not make that move.”

Guess what Curt: Yankees fans don’t want you here. So, we’re happy that you could not make that move.

Comments on Schilling: I Would Not Play For The Yanks

1. January 29th, 2007 | 10:30 am

Is it possible to put the radio on anything lower than mute when this guy talks?

2. bfriley76
      January 29th, 2007 | 10:40 am

Schilling is an idiot, and not in the way Sox fans like to use it. He’s pandering to his Red Sox fanbase while still under contract. I have a feeling, come next offseason, if he’s a free agent, and the Yankees came calling with the highest offer (and please understand, I would rip my own hair out if this DID happen) he’d change his tune. He’s as much a hired gun as any player out there.

3. baileywalk
      January 29th, 2007 | 10:50 am

It’s easy for him to say this now when he knows the Yankees have no interest in him.

4. Garcia
      January 29th, 2007 | 10:52 am

I love raw emotions and this guy inspires all sorts of raw anger and hatred in his direction, at least by me. It’s actually pretty normal to hate someone like Schilling so much, the guy could find a cure for cancer and diabetes and I’d still be wishing all sorts of bad crap to happen to the guy. I still sleep well at night, but he’s one person who is perfectly OK to hate and despise. Plus he’s a Bush drone. F- Schil.

5. January 29th, 2007 | 10:54 am

My thoughts about Curt Schilling are not reproducible here. Let me leave it at that.

6. rbj
      January 29th, 2007 | 11:17 am

I don’t believe him. If the Yankees offered him the biggest contract, he’d take it. I just hope they don’t.