• Jeter Starting To Feel The Media Heat?

Posted by on February 23rd, 2007 · Comments (11)

Am I annoyed?

Didn’t Derek offer that reaction the other day in his press conference? (This is when he was asked if A-Rod’s disclosure on their friendship status annoyed him.)

He sure seems to be more annoyed with media these days.

Stone, cold, calculated, and effective, I must say…..

Update, 2/23/07, 11:31 AM ET: Jeter’s in a better mood.

Comments on Jeter Starting To Feel The Media Heat?

1. baileywalk
      February 23rd, 2007 | 11:04 am

According to the “Post,” Carl Pavano was cheered before he threw his live BP session yesterday. Though I doubt it, I hope the Bronx fans are just as generous.

Everyone was, typically, raving about Hughes — but the good thing about Phil is that he doesn’t buy his own hype. Thank God for that — because the hype has reached insane levels at this point.

2. jonm
      February 23rd, 2007 | 11:19 am

Jeter reminds me more and more of DiMaggio as the seasons pass. That’s probably not a good thing. After reading Cramer’s book, it seems to me that JoeD did not have as happy a life as you would think.

Mickey Mantle, on the other hand, despite all of his regrets, had happy moments in his life. He had a lot of tragedy, but he seemed to have formed many rich, genuine friendships.

3. February 23rd, 2007 | 11:30 am

You have to wonder if the media will ever get to Jeter to the point where he would want to move?

It seems insane to ask the question.

But, it has happened in the past. Tom Seaver was a Red, after all.

February 23rd, 2007 | 12:12 pm

============
      I doubt it would get to that point. As is, he doesn’t give the press much to work with. If Jeter’s moved or expresses an interest in moving, it won’t be because of the press.

5. Garcia
      February 23rd, 2007 | 12:28 pm

Steve,
      How do you make the connection with Jeter’s attitude and your “stone, cold, calculated” piece? You seem to be really reaching so far this spring training.

Are you trying to keep the controversey going somehow someway?

I’ll give you another one of your favorite subjects that you can write a post on. This piece should make it real easy for you to forget about ARod, at least till your 3 pm oatmeal cookie snack from the vending machine.

Enjoy: http://tinyurl.com/2ynkrv

6. February 23rd, 2007 | 1:17 pm

Actually, the 3 pm today is a Nature Valley Granola Bar pack from home.

As far as my connection, I think it’ obvious – - A-Rod aimed to get the media to focus on Jeter, and, it’s worked.

Since A-Rod came out this spring, the media has been mostly on Jeter and not him.

7. Garcia
      February 23rd, 2007 | 1:25 pm

~~~Since A-Rod came out this spring~~~

That’s just wrong.

February 23rd, 2007 | 1:47 pm

lol, but I don’t think that’s what he meant…

as for the Nature Valley pack, costco rules!

9. Garcia
      February 23rd, 2007 | 2:19 pm

Raf, this is Steve we are talking about…sometimes we just have to read between the lines. He loves to throw out those double entendres. He’s a sneaky cat and when it comes to ARod, we just never know when he might try to outsmart us…..but I’m ready for him. :-)

10. rbj
      February 23rd, 2007 | 2:44 pm

Uh uh, Tim Hardaway’s gonna be upset.

11. February 23rd, 2007 | 3:53 pm

O/T I know, but I recently completed a Community Projection for Melky Cabrera and would like to do one for Carl Pavano.

So if anyone would like to participate and provide a projection for games, games started, innings pitched, runs, earned runs, hits, homeruns, walks, strikeouts, hits by pitch, wins, and losses, please do so.

jeteupthemiddle.blogspot.com

My goal is to get more than the 12 projections I got for Cabrera (the results of which are up).