• First Of Many ’07 In-Season A-Rod Trade Rumors?

Posted by on March 21st, 2007 · Comments (7)

Halos Heaven thinks there’s an A-Rod to the Angels trade in the hopper. If this trade goes down, as reported, I would be shocked. Jered Weaver, Dustin Moseley and Jose Molina for Alex? What, no magic beans too?

Comments on First Of Many ’07 In-Season A-Rod Trade Rumors?

1. TurnTwo
      March 21st, 2007 | 9:03 am

If an ARod trade was going to happen, it wouldve happened already. I think BC and Torre are set with the squad coming north, and would similarly be shocked to see any major move like this made at this point.

I’m still of the mindset that the Dodgers need power in that lineup, and would be best suited to make a deal. I’d take Loney, Andy LaRoche, and Broxton; play Cairo at 3rd until LaRoche is ready, plug in Loney at 1st and call it a day.

2. ep3
      March 21st, 2007 | 9:11 am

I actually like both versions. Take a-rod and all he brings with him and hopefully he is satisfied at some point. Getting a package of either weaver et,el or the kids from the dodgers would be fine. Broxton is high on the list to close for the dodgers.

3. Dave
      March 21st, 2007 | 9:34 am

I think that either Wood or Aybar wood need to be included to replace Arod. Especially when you consider that Arods contract is below market (considering what Texas is throwing in), though Boras’ extension demands may take back some of that relative value.

March 21st, 2007 | 10:27 am

===============
      I don’t see Rodriguez moving unless he agrees to an extension.

5. Pete
      March 21st, 2007 | 12:43 pm

Angels fans commenting on MLBTradeRumors.com seem to think Weaver is overrated and the other two trade components are ‘crap’.

While having Weaver would be nice, losing A-Rod sort of puts a crimp in the Yanks’ power, no? Giambi can’t hit ALL the HR’s this season after all..

6. rbj
      March 21st, 2007 | 1:06 pm

I can’t see Alex going to the Dodgers — it’s a pitchers park, and would cramp his power.

FWIW I don’t see Alex going anywhere this year anyhow; who’s going to give up same value when he’s got an opt out clause. Usually there’s a 72 hour negotiation window in such situations, but I don’t see Boras hurting his negotiating style with such a short time frame.

7. TurnTwo