• April 10th @ The Twins

Posted by on April 10th, 2007 · Comments (6)

This is as good a time as any to check out:

Joe Torre’s 2007 Daily “To Do” List:

1. Drink green tea.
    Check.
    2. Watch A-Rod homer.
    Check.
    3. Tell Mattingly that it was a scratch, not a pick.
    Check.
    4. Get Scott Proctor into the game.
    Check.
    5. Stroll to the pitcher’s mound during the game as if I was a 90-year old, with bad knees, walking up-hill, against strong winds, trying to hail a cab.
    Check.
    6. Get Luis Vizcaino into the game.
    Check.
    7. Start working on my hair so that I can look like Michael Jeter’s Mr. Noodle in the post-game press conference.
    Check.
    8. Look at Kim Jones when she asks me a question as if she were a four-year old who has just told me the same “Knock, knock” joke for the thirtieth time during a fifteen minute period.
    Check.

To paraphrase Mel Brooks, “It’s good to be the Torre.”

Comments on April 10th @ The Twins

1. Garcia
      April 11th, 2007 | 7:47 am

Kim Jones is an idiot. Can’t they find a better hot chick to not come across as being so abrassive?

I have a list of well qualified people that should replace Kim Jones:
      Erin Andrews
      Rachel Nichols
      Mieke Buchan
      Bonnie Bernstein
      Ines Sainz

Kim Jones interview with ARod was so annoying….I’m done with watching her. They should get the woman from Ultimate Road Trip to replace her. I don’t find she has any redeeming qualities.

2. April 11th, 2007 | 8:09 am

Re #2: is A-Rod locked in or what? It’s been fun to watch.

3. JJay
      April 11th, 2007 | 9:30 am

I completely agree Carla.

A-Rod is in one of those zones where you refuse to miss any of his at bats no matter what the score is. I found myself hurrying back from the bathroom or the kitchen to make sure I didn’t miss a pitch to A-Rod.

Two solid performances by our SP. Good to see.

Think it’s too late for the new Stadium to be a dome? ;)

4. baileywalk
      April 11th, 2007 | 10:16 am

So far the bullpen arms have been equally abused, though Farnsworth and Mo seem to have been let off the hook (with good reason in Mo’s case; we need to keep that arm fresh).

I don’t want to jinx anything, but with Bruney, ‘Caino and Proctor (and even Henn) you have to feel better about the front of the bullpen this year. Henn also had a good multi-inning outing, which can become important later on.

I also hope Torre will continue to allow Myers to pitched to right-handed hitters in non-important situations. Ever since Gator told Myers to drop down even when facing righties (instead of going conventional like he did before) he’s been able to get out righties. There’s no reason not to bring him in for an inning or two to give the other guys rest if we’re leading by plenty or trailing by plenty. If Myers can eat up some of those innings, his worth on the team will be much larger.

5. Santino53
      April 11th, 2007 | 11:41 am

It is truly amazing how concerned we all are over
      Joe’s penchant for manhandling a bullpen. The pen
      is at least one pitcher stronger this year but we
      still know somehow Joe will run Proctor out there shamelessly. Seven inning starts would
      also help a ton.

6. SteveB
      April 11th, 2007 | 5:31 pm

Torre won’t keep running Proctor out there everday if Scottie keeps walking the first two batter he faces with a 6 run lead.