• Barry Likes A-Rod’s Eyes

Posted by on April 25th, 2007 · Comments (6)

From the Oakland Tribune -

When Alex Rodriguez hit 14 home runs in the New York Yankees’ first 18 games, most people watched his swing.

Barry Bonds paid attention to his eyes.

“I can see it on TV. I see it in his face,” Bonds said Tuesday. “You can just see that his eyes are just different. He is just different, and it’s just phenomenal to watch. And I can see it as a player. We’re able to pick up on little things you guys aren’t able to.”

What if A-Rod hits 74?

“I would be ecstatic,” Bonds said. “It wouldn’t bother me one bit. … I’m so happy for him. It’s great. … I hope you guys enjoy it too, because it’s just phenomenal. I hope he hits 100. I really do.”

Can you imagine how insane it would be, around A-Rod and the Yankees team, if Alex managed to get near 70 homers this season? It’s almost better if it doesn’t happen – at least for the team, in terms of cutting down on the media attention/heat.

Comments on Barry Likes A-Rod’s Eyes

1. Garcia
      April 25th, 2007 | 4:04 pm

This statement is so annoying by Barry:
      “And I can see it as a player. We’re able to pick up on little things you guys aren’t able to.”

I hope he gets Ebola.

2. April 25th, 2007 | 4:06 pm

It’ll be nice if A-Rod gets to 62 HRs and keeps the legitimate record in the Bronx…

3. April 25th, 2007 | 4:08 pm

– Barry gazing deep into A-Rod’s baby blue eyes.

– Garcia wishing Barry gets Ebola

Both are very heart-melting experiences… literally, in the latter.

4. TK_NYY
      April 25th, 2007 | 4:21 pm

I really hope the Yankees start winning so I can enjoy Arod’s run. I know it’s amazing, but at this point I just don’t care.

5. Garcia
      April 25th, 2007 | 4:53 pm

I agree, TK_NYY. Let’s get some W’s already. I want to enjoy what ARod has done. Imagine what would be written about him if he wasn’t hitting AND the Yanks are playing as bad as they are now. I don’t think he’ll be saying he wants to stay in NYC.

6. brockdc
      April 26th, 2007 | 1:56 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed an individual as deliberately condescending as B.B.