From Neil Best -
Derek Jeter presented the Top-10 List on “Late Show with David Letterman” on Thursday night, at times seeming amused and at times a little uncomfortable as he recited “little known facts about Derek Jeter” while standing on the field at Yankee Stadium during batting practice. Here they are:
10. In 2002, I set a major-league record of 97 consecutive games without scratching myself.
9. I can put five baseballs in my mouth.
8. Remember I missed a game last year with a “pulled hamstring?” I actually had Streisand tickets.
7. When Johnny Damon cut his hair, I put it in my scrapbook.
6. I’d trade my four World Series rings for a spot on Late Show’s “Impressionist Week 2.”
5. When Red Sox fans shout “Yankees suck,” it really hurts my feelings.
4. The thing I love most about being a baseball player is seeing a child’s eyes light up when I give him an autograph … oh, and the crazy paycheck.
3. Between you and me, I don’t get all the ass-slapping either.
2. So I’m not bothered by fans, I check into hotels under the name “Dave Letterman.”
1. Rosie quit “The View” so we could spend some more time together.