• Is The URL “19Pitches” Available?

Posted by on May 21st, 2007 · Comments (11)

Click here to see Tyler Clippard’s MySpace page. (Hat tip to Jim Baumbach.) Tyler needs to get a better picture on the site for all those little kids reading at home!

Comments on Is The URL “19Pitches” Available?

1. baileywalk
      May 21st, 2007 | 1:10 pm

Okay, this is kind of embarrassing. Isn’t he too old for this shit?

Well, on the good side, among his friends we find Dane Cook and some really hot chicks. So it’s not too bad.

But, God, Clip looks soooo much like Clay Aiken. It’s kind of disturbing. He needs to paint on a goatee or something.

2. May 21st, 2007 | 1:26 pm

~~~Isn’t he too old for this shit?~~~

I dunno. He’s 22. Today’s 22 is like yesterday’s 17.

I have to be careful here – because, if I sign off on the “too old” thing, the next thing I know someone will point out that a guy who saw his first Yankees game in 1973 is too old to be blogging about them now.

3. May 21st, 2007 | 1:27 pm

**Okay, this is kind of embarrassing. Isn’t he too old for this shit?**

Well, he’s only 22 – so I’d say he’s kind of right in the wheelhouse for this shit…

For reference, I’m 28 and appear to have just missed the mySpace/Facebook revolution, while my younger sister is 17 and has or had one of each. Seems to very much be a generational thing.

**Tyler needs to get a better picture on the site for all those little kids reading at home!**

I hope this is said tongue firmly planted in cheek Steve.

4. May 21st, 2007 | 1:36 pm

Actually, I meant it.

5. May 21st, 2007 | 1:43 pm

** The booze shot is not the best sole image for them to see. **

Well, personally, I think this is another image that isn’t exactly “role model” material… unless he’s modeling for Playgirl or something…

** Seems to very much be a generational thing. **

It definitely is a generational thing… I’m 19 and have both a MySpace and a Facebook (along with numerous blog sites like Xanga, LiveJournal, etc.), it’s a good way to keep in touch with people, meet new people, be creative and all that…

I wonder if Tyler will accept my friends request :-X

6. snowball003
      May 21st, 2007 | 1:44 pm

CLAY AIKEN! I was trying to figure out what he looked like….and that’s it!

7. May 21st, 2007 | 1:46 pm

**Actually, I meant it.

I’m sure that a bunch of 12 to 14 year old Yankees fans have found his site by now. Like it or not, he’s a role model now. The booze shot is not the best sole image for them to see.**

I think the way those things work is you have to be connected to the user or signed into mySpace in order to see other photos, but that’s neither here nor there.

I guess it’s another generational thing – but I don’t see the big deal. I’m fairly certain your average 12 to 14 year old Yankee fan has seen their parents, or an older sibling, or family friend enjoy a cold one – maybe at Yankee Stadium even – so seeing a picture of a 22 year old kid having a beer isn’t going to kill them.

Besides, after last night’s start, I think even a potential Was Watching ‘tween set would pitch in to have one of us old guys buy Tyler a round.

8. RICH
      May 21st, 2007 | 1:58 pm

Role model or not, the picture might not please the Yankees too much since Clippard’s already had a DUI charge in High School. I don’t know if there was a conviction but it cost him his senior season in H.S.

May 21st, 2007 | 2:36 pm

==========
      Well, he’s legal now, so it shouldn’t be an issue.

I started a myspace acct a couple of years ago. You’d be suprised at the age of some of the people on there; it isn’t just for kids.

10. baileywalk
      May 21st, 2007 | 3:07 pm

I didn’t mean that “isn’t he too old for this?” as a dis. I’m only a few years old than Clippard, but couldn’t imagine myself starting a MySpace page. Nor could I imagine Phil Hughes doing something like that, and he’s much younger. MySpace seems to be split into two groups: bands/companies putting up their music for promotion, and people expressing themselves.

I thought the latter category skewed more toward the teenage set, but I guess I was wrong.

If it means anything, I recall Hughes once pointing out that he was viewed as a grownup and Clippard was still more of a kid. They kind of look that way, appearance-wise, as well.

11. snowball003
      May 24th, 2007 | 12:57 am

Looks like he set his myspace page to “private.” takes care of the young viewers issue!