• Pick A Story, Any Story

Posted by on May 22nd, 2007 · Comments (6)

The Yankees get a Metro-North Station.

The Angels had an interest in trading for Jason Giambi.

Suzyn Waldman and Peter Gammons get pissy – but not at each other.

Tyler Clippard takes the Pepto-Challenge.

Trains, Rumors, Hissy-fits, and Amusing Tales. Just another day in Yankeeland.

Comments on Pick A Story, Any Story

1. j
      May 22nd, 2007 | 11:19 am

They’re saying Figgins and Molina for Giambi and cash. I don’t know how I feel about that. Giambi’s injuries are certainly frustrating, but when he’s healthy he makes this line up simply unyielding.

Although I suppose with Molina, Posada could DH more. Figgins is certainly an upgrade over Cairo.

2. Andrew
      May 22nd, 2007 | 11:25 am

No frickin way. Figgins is just another future Cairo. And Molina may as well be John Flaherty.

We’d get rid of Giambi and his 30+ homeruns a year for that crap? Moseley better be included for the Yankees to even think of that happening.

3. baileywalk
      May 22nd, 2007 | 11:26 am

In a way, the Angels are as much our enemies as the Red Sox. The Angels actually beat us when it matters — in the playoffs. Do we want to help them? People are on Giambi all the time, but he is still a very, very good hitter. He would be a great fit in that lineup and in that park (where he hits well).

Giambi is probably one of my favorite Yankees on this team, but I’m all for trading him away because of the money he makes and because he’s always hurt (I want Cashman to make this team younger, cheaper and faster and not just talk about it). I don’t think Chone Figgins and Molina are nearly enough. Not to strengthen a rival. At the very least you have to make the Angels dip into their farm system. I would take back Molina, but he would have to be accompanied by something better than Figgins, who was hurt and is now not hitting. The article says he could challenge Cano for playing time at second — what is scary is that you know Torre would do it!

May 22nd, 2007 | 11:27 am

I don’t like that Giambi deal at all. They should be able to get more.

5. May 22nd, 2007 | 11:28 am

That floated Giambi trade seems to be like swapping a dollar for a quarter and a dime.

6. May 22nd, 2007 | 1:31 pm

Giambi has a no-trade clause. So, talking about trading him is the same as talking about trading A-Rod…it’s a waste of time, unless they want to move.