• A-Rod Loves New York…But, He Loves San Fran Too

Posted by on June 25th, 2007 · Comments (10)

From the San Francisco Chronicle -

A-Rod, in his fourth Yankee season, says he finally likes New York.

“As far as comfort level in New York,” he said, explaining his splendid first half, “I’ve always said it may take some people a year, half a year, but for me it’s taken three or four years to get comfortable in New York, and I’m there now.

“At the end of the day it’s just a game, and you’ve gotta enjoy the game, and I’ve kind of gone back to that this year, keep it more simple and enjoy the game, enjoy my teammates, enjoy the city of New York.”

But a few minutes earlier he said, “I love San Francisco, man. I was really looking forward to making the (All-Star) team, and I think it’s gonna be an awesome event.”

What does he like about the City?

“First of all, I love the stadium, this is one of my favorite stadiums.”

Love it? Crikeys! The only other time Rodriguez played here, with the Mariners in 2000, he went 6-for-11 in three games, with a homer and 5 RBIs!

The man was born to play in the cool, gray city of love. He’s DiMaggio with a better suntan.

“I love where it (the ballpark) is in the city,” Rodriguez added, “and I love the vibe of the city, it’s kind of like a West Coast New York, only with better weather in the summertime.”

I told you. Just watch, if Alex opts out at year-end, the Giants are going to be an option for him.

Comments on A-Rod Loves New York…But, He Loves San Fran Too

1. James
      June 25th, 2007 | 11:33 am

Steve -

If A-Rod doesn’t opt out, can you stomach the 63 posts you’re going to have to make to live down all these other ones. I think you should be punished to one limerick ode to A-Rod for every time you’ve written “if Alex opts out”.

Otherwise, it’s beyond tiresome. We get it. You think A-Rod will opt out. Can we revist this in November? Please? Pretty please?

2. Tarnished
      June 25th, 2007 | 2:37 pm

This is getting exceedingly tedious.

I doubt Alex wants to be the next glorified ass hat. Why would he go to the NL where there is no DH?

Is it that Alex is not allowed to love other parks, stadiums, coaches and players?

AROD has also said that he has played his whole career in the AL, and will not be playing in any other division – what about that?

3. June 25th, 2007 | 4:08 pm

When did he say that? Do you have a link?

June 25th, 2007 | 5:38 pm

I wouldn’t put too much stock in what Rodriguez says; he’s going to say what people want to hear. I’d key my response off of Boras

5. rza93
      June 25th, 2007 | 6:02 pm

Arod being Arod

6. antone
      June 25th, 2007 | 8:04 pm

I’m pretty sure I brought up the Giants and ARod in the off season but nobody seemed to notice…I think they go after ARod especially if Bonds is gone.

7. antone
      June 25th, 2007 | 8:25 pm

BAM !!

Anyone else think the Giants might be interested in ARod next season? They’ve already had Bonds so they are used to the hoopla and he will more than likely be retired next season and ARod will be a saint compared to Barry. I’m sure he would feel alot less pressure from the media out on the west coast. I think that is the perfect situation for ARod and the Giants would need his big bat to replace Bonds. They just shelled out that big deal to Zito so who’s to say they wouldn’t give up some cash to ARod(if they can still afford it). Also, if ARod does opt out at the end of the year and leaves for basically more money, he will get bashed even more because he already has a 252 million dollar contract and at this stage in his career he should be more concerned about winning than getting paid. So if he doesn’t stay with the Yankees who are always in contention, he is just going to look greedy. So I think the Yankees have some leverage in that situation. I doubt that they will shell out big money for him and extend him. Maybe extend him an extra year or two so he doesn’t opt out but that’s it.

Posted by: antone at February 8, 2007 08:38 AM

Where’s my credit??? J/K!! haha

8. Tarnished
      June 25th, 2007 | 11:47 pm

Steve: If I remember correctly, it was in the much ballyhooed HBO interview. Wherever he said it, he said “anyone who says that could not be more mistaken…”

Raf: What is the deal with people so quick to go with the “I wouldn’t put too much stock into anything that comes out of his mouth” line.

He could want it more than anything, and still end up in the NL or another AL team. It is not greed, even if a $30+ mill tag is applied; its called life, and MLB is a business. Anything could happen to change his mind during negotiations. No one is naïve to believe that what he wants/prefers is what is going to happen.

June 26th, 2007 | 9:45 am

=================
      Because if people did, he’d still be a Mariner.

For the most part, he has said things that people wanted to hear; you heard it when he was with the M’s, you heard it when he was being courted by the Mets, you hear it now with the Yanks.

I’d be happy if he stays, but if he goes, he goes. It’s a business.

10. SteveB
      June 26th, 2007 | 1:36 pm

I like Pizza AAANNNND I like Hamburgers. Weird.