• A-Rod & Camden Yards

Posted by on July 29th, 2007 · Comments (9)

Here are Alex Rodriguez’ stats from his last 20 games at Camden Yards:

A-RodCamden.jpg

This may just be me, but, I don’t think he likes hitting there too much.

Comments on A-Rod & Camden Yards

1. j
      July 29th, 2007 | 12:03 pm

I’m sorry Steve, but do you understand the concept of sample size?

ARod’s career line at Camden Yards: .279/.353/.898

Yes, well below his career averages. But not as anemically bad as you would make it seem over the course of 90 AB’s.

2. baileywalk
      July 29th, 2007 | 1:51 pm

I would honestly rather it be that he doesn’t like hitting in Camden instead of it being that he’s pressing to hit number 500.

If I remember right, despite hitting number 499, A-Rod wasn’t hitting well in KC, either.

A-Rod, as everyone knows, has alternated between hot and cold streaks this year. I guess this is just another cold streak.

3. snowball003
      July 29th, 2007 | 2:13 pm

Can you just imagine what his numbers would be like if he didn’t have the cold streaks?

July 29th, 2007 | 2:39 pm

==========
      You could say that about almost any hitter out there

5. baileywalk
      July 29th, 2007 | 4:05 pm

You could say that about almost any hitter out there
      ——

Don’t you think you can say it more so about a guy that has 35 home runs and 102 RBI on July 29th?

6. j
      July 29th, 2007 | 6:36 pm

I think what baileywalk is alluding to is the fact that ARod is a streaky hitter. Matsui and Abreu are as well. The opposite are guys like Jeter (over his career) and Posada this year. I’m not sure how the streakiness/lack thereof would affect his personal statistics, but you can bet it would translate into more wins for the Yanks, which is easy to see… ie I’d see ARod go 2 for 4 and 2 for 4 instead of 4 for 4 and 0 for 4, etc.

7. July 30th, 2007 | 5:19 am

~~~I’m sorry Steve, but do you understand the concept of sample size?~~~

Remember when Reggie ripped Thurman and Jackson said he was misquoted? Munson’s reply was “For four pages?”

So, my answer here is kinda the same. “Small sample size? For three years in a row?”

8. antone
      July 30th, 2007 | 10:30 am

I’m with Steve on this one. There are always Stadiums/Pitchers that certain players don’t do well at/against. I’m sure if you look at other players throughout the majors there are certain stadiums they just don’t hit well in and I’m sure if you ask that player they would have no idea why.

9. christopher
      July 30th, 2007 | 11:50 am

I’m not saying that ARod does or doesn’t love Camden Yards, but the sample size is much to small to indicate either way. Look at 2006 for example. 5 for 25 is .200. If he went 7 for 25 his average would have been .280. It’s tough to draw a conclusion based on 2 at bats. Look at his career numbers at any park where he’s had a large # of at bats. He’s always within +-10% of his career average.