• Anderson, Anaheim & August

Posted by on August 22nd, 2007 · Comments (6)

August 29, 1996

August 21, 2007

Garret Anderson missed…in terms of pounding the Yankees, by himself…twice, eleven years apart, to the day, by just 8 days.

I wonder how many Angels (or Yankees) fans were at both games in Anaheim? Torre, Jeter, Rivera, and Pettitte were at both games for the Yankees. And, only Anderson was at both for the Angels.

Comments on Anderson, Anaheim & August

1. MJ
      August 22nd, 2007 | 8:44 am

2. August 22nd, 2007 | 8:59 am

~~~Honestly, what is it about the Angels that the Yankees can’t seem to figure out? It’s infuriating. At least they’re not in our division so we don’t have to get f-in’ humiliated by them 19 times.~~~

Five years ago, I was sure that the Angels were stealing signs. More on that:

Now, I think it’s still possible. They could have a spy out in those rocks in CF or something.

But, even if they are, it’s no shame on them – it’s shame on the Yankees for not realizing this and taking the protective measures to combat it.

August 22nd, 2007 | 10:52 am

I kinda miss the old Netshrine, even with the heavy handed moderation :)

4. August 22nd, 2007 | 10:56 am

That was, A LONG TIME AGO….seems like it almost never happened, now, Raf. It was a learning experience, for me, for sure.

August 22nd, 2007 | 11:21 am

I’d imagine it’s a lot easier on you now :)

But it wasn’t all that long ago. I think I showed up shortly before the “change” (2003? 2004?)

6. antone
      August 22nd, 2007 | 11:30 am

The Angels of 2002 were pretty roided up if you ask me, I’m sure that had something to do with it. Of course Mussina can make anyone look like they are on steroids lately!