• September 22nd vs. The Blue Jays

Posted by on September 22nd, 2007 · Comments (6)

RockyDidIt.jpg

They got knocked to the mat last night in a tough loss. They got knocked to the mat in the 4th inning today…and then again in the 7th and the 8th innings too.

But, the Yankees kept getting back up and continued to fight.

Being able to call on this experience is going to help the Yankees in October.

And, with their bullpen, outside of Mo, Joba and Viz, they’re going to need it.

Long day. Huge win. Let it now sit on the scoreboard tonight down in Tampa as the Sox play this evening.

Comments on September 22nd vs. The Blue Jays

1. MJ
      September 22nd, 2007 | 8:34 pm

This game was just crazy with twists and turns. Farnsworth, as usual, showed his true colors. Man do I think he stinks.

Seeing the team mob Melky at first was a joy to watch and I’m glad Melky’s busting out of his slump at just the right time.

Also, for those who listened to the game on WCBS-880 AM, anyone who thinks that Suzyn Waldman is annoying after listening to Joel Sherman fill in for her today…Well, let me just say that it gives me a total appreciation for what Suzyn does. She’s not good but Joel Sherman is AWFUL. A bad voice, ridiculously long-winded and pompous, mean-spirited, just a total loser. I don’t want to hear Sherman on the radio ever again.

2. chris
      September 22nd, 2007 | 8:36 pm

I thought they were rolling over in both games, I must say. This team has a lot of fight in it. As a supporter that’s really all I hope to see.

3. Joel
      September 22nd, 2007 | 10:43 pm

I know he makes a ton of money and can throw 100 mph, but does Farnsworth really belong on the post-season roster? Especially since he can’t eat innings anyway?

4. September 22nd, 2007 | 11:07 pm

You almost want to root for Farnsworth to end up on the DL – so that he can’t pitch in October.

Well, not almost.

You do want to root for it – after a game like today.

5. Joel
      September 22nd, 2007 | 11:50 pm

I wonder if at the end of the season, the Yanks and Farnsworth “discover” some “strain” someplace–the lower back is always a candidate, putting Farnsworth on the DL. May not be a bad way for everyone to save face.

6. JeremyM
      September 23rd, 2007 | 11:58 am

Sad to say, the Bob Wickman deal doesn’t look so bad now. At least Wickman had a chance of doing something useful. Farnsworth is a disaster.