• The UPS Man Delivers Donna Summer

Posted by on September 28th, 2007 · Comments (7)

Sweet…

PostSeasonTkts2007.jpg

If there’s a last dance, I’ll be there!

Comments on The UPS Man Delivers Donna Summer

1. dave24s
      September 28th, 2007 | 8:11 pm

Steve, how does that work? Are those tickets randomly selected or do you get tickets to all the games at the Stadium?

The three in the picture, is that all you have?

And sorry for all the questions – do you have complete season tickets or a package type thing?

2. September 29th, 2007 | 12:57 am

$250 to sit in the crappy Loge? Wow. That’s steep.

3. September 29th, 2007 | 8:06 am

Well, Ben, they are by first base, even if it is the Loge. (BTW, the Loge rocks. No sun, no rain, and it’s not as crowded by the food and bathrooms because there’s less seats there.)

dave24s – I have a full 81-game package that I split 9 ways with 8 other people. Because I have the 81-game package, I get the *exact* seats that I have during the regular season for each playoff game.

There are 11 playoff tickets. Everyone in my group, in addition to getting their 9 games for the regular season, gets 1 playoff game. That leaves 2 playoff games left – which we always hold to be Game 7 of the ALDS and WS (since the chance of them being scheduled in New York or even played is remote).

In my 1/9th of the pie this year, I drew Game 3 of the ALDS. So, I have that ticket – plus the the two “extras” (Game 7 of the ALCS and WS) since they were not “assigned” to anyone. (It’s maybe the one *potential* perk that I get for running the group, figuring out the 9 packages, getting everyone’s money, mailing out the tickets, etc.)

We’ve been doing this since 2001. Most times, those two “extra” tickets (for the two Game 7′s) are moot – because those games are never played (or even scheduled in New York). The one exception was Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS. That was a good one to end up with!

4. jonm
      September 29th, 2007 | 10:39 am

I have a question, Steve. I noticed that you have tickets for game 3 in the ALDS and for game 4 in the ALCS; the Yankees will be home for these games (if they get to the ALCS). These tickets were mailed out before the Yankees knew that they would not have home field advantage. What if they had rallied and won the East and home field advantage? Would your ticket for game 3 in the ALDS have been valid for game 1?

5. September 29th, 2007 | 10:57 am

The “Game #” – outside of the WS tkts, where they know who has homefield because of the ASG – are always “Home” Game #.

So, if the Yankees host games 1,2, and 5 in the ALDS, and I have “Tkt for game 3 in the ALDS,” it means that’s the ticket for game 5 in the ALDS.

If the Yankees host games 3 and 4 in the ALDS, this means that my ticket for “[Home] Game 3 in the ALDS” means I have a ticket for a game that’s not scheduled to be played – and it’s worthless.

Same deal with the ALCS. If the Yankees host games 1,2, 6, and 7 in the ALCS, then my “Tkt for game 4 in the ALCS,” means that’s the ticket for game 7 in the ALCS. (As it’s the Yankees 4th home game in the ALCS.)

If the Yankees host games 3,4, and 5 in the ALCS, this means that my ticket for “[Yankees Home] Game 4 in the ALCS” means I have a ticket for a game that’s not scheduled to be played – and it’s worthless.

6. D. Baseball 23
      September 29th, 2007 | 11:51 pm

Steve,
      Did you choose your postseason tix or were they given to you as part of your season ticket package? I am just curious as to why you chose the last game of each series. It’s unfortunate that the only game you can potentially see is the WS game 7.

I was lucky enough to get home games 2, 3, and WS game 6.

Keep up the great work, your blog is a staple of my day.

7. September 30th, 2007 | 8:57 am

Thanks DB23.

We assign one post-season game to each 1/9th of the full-season split. Basically, the 9 packages get a post-season game that offsets the good games in each 1/9th package. So, if you got 9 really good regular season games, then your post-season ticket is not the best of the bunch.