• Yeah, I Probably Think About The Yankees Too Much

Posted by on October 25th, 2007 · Comments (10)

I had a very strange dream last night. I dreamt that I was in my car – following Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter who were in a car ahead of me. It was planned that I was following them – as they were leading me into a parking lot for a retail store.

It was one of those discount clothing places – like Syms or Marshalls. After we both parked cars, the three of us went into the store together. We were there because A-Rod was looking to buy some winter gloves and a wool ski cap. He made a note to tell me that he didn’t need a scarf thanks to me getting him one (at some time) as a gift. Soon, some other Yankees showed up in the store – but, I could not tell you now who they were (as it was unclear in the dream). As a group, we all started ragging about Randy Johnson (who was not there) – including Alex and Derek. We called him an old man. We joked about how broken down he was once he got to New York – and what a waste of time he was for the Yankees.

Then, in the dream, Alex said to me “I need you to do me a favor.” As he explained it, A-Rod wanted me to go to his house and move his car (which was parked in front of the house) to the front of my house – because, as he said, “I won’t be around for a while and I want my car somewhere that people who I know can keep an eye on it.”

The next thing I remember, in the dream, I was back on the street where I lived as a small child – in front of the first home that my parents owned. I was in my car, driving up the street (as it’s a street on a hill) towards Alex’s house. When I got to his home, there was a white Tony Soprano Cadillac Escalade parked on the street. I parked my car and rang the doorbell at A-Rod’s place. His wife answered the door and knew who I was – and she asked me what was up.

I told Mrs. A-Rod that Alex wanted me to move his car, etc., and it all made sense to her. She tossed me the keys to the car and I left. When I got into the car, I decided to back the Caddy all the down the hill, in reverse, to my parents old house – and I parked it there.

That’s all I remember from the dream.

Bizarre, huh? Don’t ask me what it all means – I have no idea.

Comments on Yeah, I Probably Think About The Yankees Too Much

1. MJ
      October 25th, 2007 | 9:47 am

I don’t know what it means either. But it cracked me up that Alex thanked you for the scarf you gave him.

I like that A-Rod and Jeter are shopping at Syms. I shop at Syms. But I also don’t make $25M a year.

2. JeremyM
      October 25th, 2007 | 10:35 am

Sounds like one of those dream episodes of “The Sopranos”, which I was always a big fan of but other people hated. So it makes sense that Tony’s vehicle was involved.

3. rbj
      October 25th, 2007 | 10:44 am

Wow, you got A-Rod a gift? Even in a dream it’s still pretty amazing.

4. jonm
      October 25th, 2007 | 11:51 am

I wish that I had such vivid dreams. I’ll take a shot at interpreting it. On a subconcious level, it means that you think ARod will be back (to pick up his car which you have entrusted to an environment that is nostalgic for you). Nostalgia is associated with past Yankee glories and subconsciously you want A-Rod to return the Yankees to bring back those past glories.

Consciously, and I think that this is clear from your general tone about ARod, you don’t want him back. Your subconscious is correcting for your conscious mistakes.

5. jonm
      October 25th, 2007 | 11:54 am

Shopping for clothes symbolizes A-Rod’s search for a new outfit, a new team, that is a new uniform.

6. Pete
      October 25th, 2007 | 12:58 pm

Winter clothes? Damn it, A-Rod’s headed to Colorado! ;)

7. October 25th, 2007 | 1:12 pm

Or, Toronto.

Ha!

8. gaulen01
      October 25th, 2007 | 4:00 pm

Amazing, I just had a dream that I ran into Joe Girardi at a local Deli and he asked me if I thought he would get the job or not. I told him that I wasn’t sure and consoled him, saying that I was sure he would be hired by someone.

I really need to let this stuff go.

9. brockdc
      October 25th, 2007 | 6:20 pm

No joke, Steve, but I had a dream last night that Joe Torre called me at work and said he was going to manage the Mariners (?!) and that he was looking for a “good-looking right-handed bat to come off the bench.” I don’t recall whether I accepted or not – not that I wasn’t thrilled with his offer.

Wow, I can’t be considered more than a platoon player, even in my wildest dreams.

10. October 26th, 2007 | 10:31 am