• 2007 World Series Game 2

Posted by on October 26th, 2007 · Comments (9)

Gosh, is this face annoying, or what?

This World Series is starting to remind me of 1996.

Back in the ’96 World Series, the Braves won Game 1 by a score of 12-1. The Red Sox won Game 1 of the 2007 World Series by a score of 13-1.

Back in the ’96 World Series, the Braves held the Yankees to no runs in Game 2. The Red Sox held the Rockies to just one run in Game 2 of the 2007 World Series.

Now it’s up to Josh Fogg come through for the Rockies in Game 3 (of this World Series) the way that David Cone came through for the Yankees in Game 3 of the 1996 World Series.

Man, that 1996 World Series was magic – and then some.

Comments on 2007 World Series Game 2

1. Andrew
      October 26th, 2007 | 12:33 pm

I was thinking about how the media will portray the Red Sox going for their seventh straight World Series victory, when I realized that from Game 3 of ’96 through Game 2 of 2000, the Yankees won FOURTEEN STRAIGHT World Series games.

Even though it’s “living in the past,” this makes me feel a bit better.

2. Pete
      October 26th, 2007 | 2:34 pm

Hey, the way I see it, “the past” is what makes baseball so special.

14 straight WS victories is still pretty darned impressive, no matter what era you’re talking about.

Is that the record, btw? I seem to remember that either we tied it or were short by a game or two when the Mets finally won one in 2000.

3. baileywalk
      October 26th, 2007 | 2:53 pm

I’ve been a little disappointed by the Rockies so far. I was really impressed with them coming into the series. I knew they would lose against Beckett, but they got embarrassed that night; Francis was AWFUL. Then last night they couldn’t hit Schilling, something I definitely thought they would, and Holliday got picked off first base. I don’t think Helton was going to drive him in anyway, but that was a colossally bone-headed move.

Rockies have a good, top-to-bottom lineup — I was really surprised they couldn’t do more off of Schilling.

4. dakranker
      October 26th, 2007 | 3:17 pm

I am not disapointed by the Rockies. We just have to accept that Boston is the best team in baseball and that hurts.

Steve, stop believing th Rockies will beat Boston is just don’t going to happen.

5. baileywalk
      October 26th, 2007 | 3:27 pm

—-

Yeah, well, I *am* disappointed. And it doesn’t hurt to accept that Boston will win the World Series (I don’t know about them being the best team in baseball; it’s an abstract concept to begin with, and this team does have flaws). I really don’t care if the Sox win this year, and it’s pretty inevitable that they will. I’m not convinced right now that Rockies can come back to Fenway at win.

I like this Rockies team, though. They have some really good offensive players and some intriguing young arms.

At the very least, Matt Holliday — with his gigantic, prematurely bald head — will become more famous throughout America and probably garner the attention he deserves.

6. Pete
      October 26th, 2007 | 3:42 pm

That picture of Papelbon reminds me of when the Nazis faces’ all melted from looking into the Ark of the Covenant.

7. October 26th, 2007 | 4:02 pm

dakranker, the Rox beat Boston 2 out of 3 earlier this year at Fenway, and swept the Yanks in Denver. they have the potential to beat the Sawx.

8. MJ
      October 26th, 2007 | 5:19 pm

Travis G., the Yankees swept the season series from the Indians 6-0 in quite convincing fashion. The regular season doesn’t mean that much. The Rockies will win a couple of games in this series but Boston’s taking it in no more than 6.

9. jakes
      October 26th, 2007 | 7:19 pm

I find this picture:

I guess it’s all about perspective.

-I don’t know about them being the best team in baseball; it’s an abstract concept to begin with, and this team does have flaws-

Ahh baileywalk, you are always good for a laugh.