• May 2008 Survey Question #2

Posted by on May 21st, 2008 · Comments (9)

Please consider taking the following poll:

{democracy:5}

Thanks in advance. And, please feel free to add comments on your opinion in the comments section below.

Comments on May 2008 Survey Question #2

1. yankeemonkey
      May 21st, 2008 | 11:49 pm

Well, Bruney is an interesting choice. Considering he’s out for the rest of the year and all.

2. May 22nd, 2008 | 12:14 am

yankeemonkey – Granted, but, even with those conditions, he still may be a better choice than Kyle. ;-)

Truth be told, I just wanted a 25th for the ballot and figured “Let’s see if anyone is paying attention.”

3. OnceIWasAYankeeFan
      May 22nd, 2008 | 8:10 am

I voted for Farnsie but I have ulterior motives. ;)

4. TurnTwo
      May 22nd, 2008 | 8:21 am

yeah, thats for the guy at RAB who keeps trying to push for the Yankees to sign Rocco Baldelli to play RF next year.

in the short term, i’d like to see Ohlendorf get a shot.

longer term, seems to me the organization has their eye on Melancon.

5. Joel
      May 22nd, 2008 | 9:11 am

Why don’t we just add Gabe White and Felix Heredia to the mix?

6. butchie22
      May 22nd, 2008 | 10:23 am

Putting Joba back in the starting rotation now is idiotic.Yes,he should be a future starter BUT the Yanks have to crawl back ahead of the Jays ,Rays,Os,and the Sox and that 8 inning role will be important.Do they need another starter?Yes,but Joba stretching Joba is too much too late,he’s only supposed to pitch what 170 innings this year tops?He belongs in the starting rotation but the Yankees are in last and need (for the time being)to keep their successful pieces together.Does anyone trust Latroy or Farnsie in the 8th?

7. asdf
      May 22nd, 2008 | 1:01 pm

I must have forgotten the rule where runs scored in the 8th inning count twice.

8. antone
      May 22nd, 2008 | 1:28 pm

Why do I feel like Rasner is going to get screwed in all this? I still don’t know why they skipped him against the Mets. He deserves to stay in the rotation. It’s possible this just means Kennedy will be in the minors for good.

That being said, I don’t like any of the options. Bruney would have been my pick but he’s gone. I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be Farnsworth though. I think this move really hurts the pen and you will see Rivera pitching at least part of the 8th in close games alot.

Edwar could be the wild card here. He has been great so far but I’d like to see more before they just hand the 8th inning over to him.

9. July 27th, 2008 | 10:40 am

[...] fans have been aware of Melancon’s near readiness for a while now. Perhaps the only remaining question on Mark Melancon is how to say his last [...]