• So, What Do You Think?

Posted by on June 25th, 2008 · Comments (13)

Tomorrow, I’ll be in the SNY studios reporting on the Yankees fans’ perspective to the upcoming Subway series with the Mets. In addition, I’ll be speaking to suggested/required next steps for the Yanks – and their fans moving forward.

So, what do you think? You can share your thoughts here, in the comments section. Or, you can drop me an e-mail. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Comments on So, What Do You Think?

1. Joel
      June 25th, 2008 | 9:22 am

Congrats, Steve! You deserve all of your success. Just be upbeat and confident about the Yanks’ chances–because they are in good shape.

Leave the whining and backbiting to the Mets fans. They specialize in that kind of stuff.

2. June 25th, 2008 | 9:29 am

Thanks Joel. Why do you think they’re in good shape?

3. OnceIWasAYankeeFan
      June 25th, 2008 | 9:39 am

Joel, have you been reading this blog? Steve hasn’t been very upbeat or confident since Opening Day!

If you want to go that route, though, Steve, I suggest talking about the offense and the team’s recent history of second-half surges. But don’t sugarcoat the pitching. Rasner may be turning into a pumpkin (more likely he’s just turning into a league-average 4th or 5th starter) and no one knows what Geise will do. And while Veras is pitching better, no one else in the bullpen is really inspiring confidence outside of Mo.

4. MJ
      June 25th, 2008 | 9:50 am

Whatever you do, I’m begging you: DON’T pull your Hughes/Cashman-hating on TV. The last thing the world needs is for tv talking heads to pick up those themes. Don’t feed the hysteria machine.

June 25th, 2008 | 10:09 am

I think you should wear a moustache :)

Seriously, congratulations! Hope they give you more than a soundbite… What do they plan on having you doing?

6. June 25th, 2008 | 11:07 am

Matt Cerrone and I will be doing a 3-4 minute session – since the Subway Series is upon us. It’s pretty much as I posted in this entry.

MJ – hysteria machine? You really think Hughes and Cashman are getting a raw deal with the media?

7. MJ
      June 25th, 2008 | 12:05 pm

=========================================
      That’s not the point I was trying to make. What I meant was that I’d rather not see a Yankee fan trash Cashman/Hughes on TV because that will be a nice jumping-off point for the media idiots to run with your lead.

Look, say whatever you want. It’s your moment, you’ve earned it.

8. DJ21996
      June 25th, 2008 | 12:23 pm

Please, please be rational and not completely defeatist.

The team isnt doing as well as I thought it would at this point. But we are still in very good shape, considering that we are a 2nd half team.

9. hopbitters
      June 25th, 2008 | 1:33 pm

Congrats Steve. I’m sure you’ll represent the Yankees side of things with dignity no matter what you decide to talk about.

10. mantle
      June 25th, 2008 | 1:52 pm

I don’t think you have to tell Steve what to say. he knows his stuff guys. That’s why he’s where he is and we’re just adding our 2 cents.

11. June 25th, 2008 | 3:25 pm

thanks hopbitters.

~~People need to be reminded of the fact that they wrote us off in 2005 and we made it. They wrote us off last year and we made it.~~

And, they need to be reminded that every year is different.

12. MJ
      June 25th, 2008 | 4:52 pm

And, they need to be reminded that every year is different.
      —————————–
      You’re going to get on TV to remind us all that this year will be different? That the Yanks will miss the playoffs? Yikes.

13. June 25th, 2008 | 8:00 pm