• Hope Yanks Don’t Follow G-Men’s Lead Block

Posted by on June 27th, 2008 · Comments (7)

At lunch-time today, I caught some of Mike Francesa on YES (around 12:30 pm). He was going on and on about the football Giants decision to sell personal seat licenses. I have to confess…before hearing Francesa…I had no idea that the Giants had made this call.

To the point Francesa made today: It’s insane to ask some 65-year old fan who has been going to Giants games since 1961 and who has managed to secure six field level season seats at the 45-yard line (as a result of his fan tenure) to now fork over $120,000 just for the right to buy these seats in the future. Basically, you’re just forcing this guy out.

I just hope that the government in New York stays on the Yankees case about not selling personal seat licenses. If not, the new Stadium will truly be stocked – but not with blue collar or middle-class fans. And, that just doesn’t seem right.

Comments on Hope Yanks Don’t Follow G-Men’s Lead Block

June 27th, 2008 | 2:24 pm

It stinks, but the reality is that the Yanks are going ot grab as much cash as they possibly can get away with.

Regarding PSL’s, they don’t care where the $$ comes from, as long as they get it. And they will get their $$.

2. MJ
      June 27th, 2008 | 2:35 pm

You can count on the Yanks selling PSL’s or something dangerously close to it.

It does stink but that’s just how it goes. Also, I think you may want to be careful about your assumption that wealthy fans aren’t “true” fans. That’s not a fair characterization.

3. June 27th, 2008 | 3:05 pm

MJ – did I say that here, or, are you just beating an old horse to death? ;-)

4. MJ
      June 27th, 2008 | 3:14 pm

MJ – did I say that here, or, are you just beating an old horse to death?
      ————————————-
      You linked to the post (below), didn’t you? If you don’t want the horse beaten again, don’t take him back out of the barn.

I grant that in the comments you conceded the point. But it bears mentioning in case you forgot. After all, you’re always reminding us of things, right? It’s only fair. ;)

5. June 27th, 2008 | 3:45 pm

~~~I grant that in the comments you conceded the point.~~~

And, yet, you drag up what I said before that. Not really fair, at all.

6. MJ
      June 27th, 2008 | 4:02 pm

And, yet, you drag up what I said before that. Not really fair, at all.
      —————————————-
      Sort of like beating the “Cashman/Hughes suck” point over and over isn’t fair?

Come on now, I winked at you and everything.

7. August 5th, 2008 | 4:11 pm

[...] that when the Yankees come out and say they need money have no choice but to go the PSL route… August 5, 2008 | Filed Under Yankee [...]