• August 2nd vs. The Angels

Posted by on August 2nd, 2008 · Comments (8)

I punted this one. After the last two games with the Angels, I needed a break. So, I elected not to watch it. Besides, after watching Old Timers’ Day for two hours, I could not, in good conscience, park myself in front of the tube for another three hours to watch baseball…it being a Saturday afternoon and me being a husband and a father. So, instead of watching this game, I took the family out for dinner, some ice cream, and a quick walk to the park.

From what I can tell…now…this game was a beauty for Mike Mussina – and not a good one for Jered Weaver.

For me, that’s great to see.

The more I read “Living on the Black” the more I’m learning to appreciate Mussina. So, it’s nice to see him continue this dream season for him.

And, I really dislike Jered Weaver. He’s never done anything to bring this on. In fact, I really don’t know that much about him – outside of what I read about him in Baseball America back when he was in college. I just know that he always reminds me of his brother, Jeff, in terms of the way he looks, wears his hair, and carries himself on the mound. And, because I cannot stand Jeff Weaver, I have now carried over my dislike to Jered Weaver (as well). Logical? No, not really. But, I’m just being honest.

Of course, in addition to the starting pitchers involved – and which one did well and which one did poorly – finding out the outcome of this game was great because…hey, let’s face it, the Yankees really, really, really, needed a win.

It seems like it’s been a long time since the last one.

Comments on August 2nd vs. The Angels

1. August 2nd, 2008 | 10:16 pm

Guess the Yankees weren’t too distracted by OTD… and Mussina wasn’t thrown off by an “atypical” circumstance, either…

2. Corey
      August 2nd, 2008 | 10:45 pm

==========================

holy crap i feel the same way

3. August 2nd, 2008 | 11:16 pm

LOL…so, it’s not just me Corey!

~~~Guess the Yankees weren’t too distracted by OTD~~~

Nope. Not this time. Glad they were not.

August 3rd, 2008 | 12:20 am

That ice cream spot sounds interesting. Could you please tell me more about it?

5. August 3rd, 2008 | 12:31 am

Well, for one, when you walk into it, the smell of “sweets” will almost knock you over. But, it’s not cheap.

Two small cups of ice cream will run you $7.49

Granted, you can put as much toppings on them as you want…and, well, given the price of milk…maybe that’s the going rate these days?

6. JeremyM
      August 3rd, 2008 | 9:50 am

Sounds about right Steve, and I’m smack dab in middle America. Anything besides Dairy Queen seems to run about that much here.

7. August 3rd, 2008 | 10:56 am

LOL – I must be getting old – everything seems expensive these days! ;-)

August 3rd, 2008 | 11:30 am

Thanks for the info. I’ll check out one of the NY area stores when I get a chance :D