• Bronx Banter Joins SNY.tv Blog Network

Posted by on October 27th, 2008 · Comments (14)

Bronx Banter is the newest member of the SNY.tv Blog Network.

Those who know Bronx Banter know that Alex, Cliff, and the gang do a great job there – so, this is great news for the SNY.tv Network. Please join me in welcoming Bronx Banter to the network.

It’s clear, with this addition, that SNY.tv is continuing to make themselves the “Online Home of All Things NY Sports.”

If you haven’t been to Bronx Banter in a while, stop by today – and dig the new look to their site.

Comments on Bronx Banter Joins SNY.tv Blog Network

October 27th, 2008 | 9:22 am

This is pretty cool news

2. Corey
      October 27th, 2008 | 11:58 am

congrats to him…

3. MJ
      October 27th, 2008 | 1:01 pm

Blows my mind that YES is wasting opportunities left and right. SNY is carving into the Yankee online network and it’s kind of nauseating.

Nevertheless, congrats to Banter.

October 27th, 2008 | 1:09 pm

Blows my mind that YES is wasting opportunities left and right.
      ——
      Given what we know about the Yanks and how far behind the curve they seem to be sometimes, are you surprised?

5. October 27th, 2008 | 2:16 pm

I just wanted to add-on that I’ve know about this for the last 7 1/2 weeks or so now…and have been dying to share the news…but, I had to wait until it was “official.”

As I’ve said, this is a great move for both Bronx Banter and SNY.tv.

6. October 27th, 2008 | 2:45 pm

Also, just as an FYI, I noticed a reader comment over at Baseball Toaster that went along the lines of “I guess WasWatching is now done at SNY…”

Just for the record, that’s not the case. My arrangement with SNY.tv has not changed. I’m still part of their network. More so, as it was explained to me, SNY.tv is looking to add blogs to the network where they fit the model for what SNY.tv is looking to accomplish with their network. And, this doesn’t mean that they will have just one blog per team, etc.

Please don’t confuse the good news for Bronx Banter and SNY.tv as also being bad news for WasWatching.com.

7. MJ
      October 27th, 2008 | 3:14 pm

——————–
      Nope. And that’s the worst part. Not only do they not learn from mistakes, they don’t seem the least bit concerned that things are passing them by. Cult of personality leadership plagues this franchise. They desperately need to be sold to a guy like Mark Cuban/Richard Branson who is both committed to winning and making money.

8. October 27th, 2008 | 4:04 pm

~~Cult of personality leadership plagues this franchise. They desperately need to be sold to a guy like Mark Cuban/Richard Branson who is both committed to winning and making money.~~

Can you expand on that?

9. MJ
      October 27th, 2008 | 5:29 pm

Can you expand on that?
      —————-
      What I meant was that George Steinbrenner’s larger-than-life personality is still with this team. His idiotic “Steinbrenner Doctrine” is still with this team. His family — a squabbling bundle of dysfunction — is still with this team.

My point was borne out of Raf’s comment that the Yanks don’t embrace change very easily and are not quick to adopt to new market developments, be they in team operations or in how they run YES.

As long as the patriarch and his family are still around, I don’t think the transition to the next generation will be an easy one. That’s why I would be more than happy to see one of those oddball billionaires like Cuban or Branson buy the team. They’ve got the same nervous, manic energy that George had in the 1970′s but with a more 21st century perspective on how to do things.

I won’t lie: I think Steinbrenner is an ass and I don’t care for him or his family one bit. The championship rings don’t make up for how he mismanaged the team in the 80′s and at the start of this decade. As long as it’s not the Dolans or Donald Trump, I endorse the sale of the team to a deep-pockets guy that is interested in winning.

October 27th, 2008 | 5:37 pm

But the Yanks were like that (not embracing change easily) before Steinbrenner came on the scene.

11. October 27th, 2008 | 8:28 pm

Oh, MJ, you’re just a Steinbrenner hater.

Enough already with the Hate-Stein blinders.

Yet another smear of George.

BTW, replace Stein/George/etc. with “Cashman” and these are all things that you have said to me, many times, in the past.

12. October 27th, 2008 | 10:12 pm

>> Blows my mind that YES is wasting opportunities left and right. >>

Not so sure YES would associate itself with anything that cast a disparaging light on the organization.

Which would rule this blog out immediately. ;-)

13. MJ
      October 28th, 2008 | 9:08 am

——————————–
      I’ll just assume you were kidding.

14. October 28th, 2008 | 5:38 pm

I’m not.

Your hatred for Steinbrenner is red hot. It blinds you for all the good he’s done. And, you never pass a chance to say that you hate him, curse him, his family, etc. It’s like clockwork, his name comes up and you go after him with both barrels.

Funny. You kill me for doing that to Cashman – but, you do the SAME EXACT thing with Stein. Or, can’t you see that?