• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 10/27/08

Posted by on October 27th, 2008 · Comments (7)

Feel free to use this post as a place for you to comment on anything Yankees-related (or within reach of tagging the bag of being Yankees-related on a decent slide) today. It could be a casual conversation offering, or, something you saw in the news, or something very detailed that you want to share that’s within the territory of Yankeeland.

Or, comment on something that someone else has posted here in the comments…

Have fun. Play nice. And, remember, keep it Yankees-focused.

P.S. – if you want to discuss Game 4 of the 2008 World Series, as a special treat, here – that’s O.K., today, too.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 10/27/08

1. Tresh Fan
      October 27th, 2008 | 8:41 am

Just curious. How many feel this WS is over? How many think it won’t get back to Tampa Bay for a sixth game?

2. MJ
      October 27th, 2008 | 9:09 am

———————–
      Not me. I think Tampa wins tonight and Philly has to sweat it out for another day. Hamels has been outstanding thus far in the playoffs but I have a weird feeling that he might throw a dud tonight or that somehow Lidge is due for an Eck ’88 moment and toss a cookie at the worst possible time.

I still think/hope Philly wins though.

3. October 27th, 2008 | 9:11 am

Lefties hurt TB.
      Hamels is a lefty.
      It’s not looking good for the Rays.

October 27th, 2008 | 9:28 am

It never looks good for a team down 3-1.

How has the series been from a gaming standpoint? I have yet to see an inning of the World Series, and since I will be in transit tonight, it is unlikely that I will see tonight’s game.

Matter of fact, I haven’t seen anything since Willy Aybar’s HR in the Ray’s pennant clinching game.

5. Corey
      October 27th, 2008 | 11:59 am

I dunno if the Rays look at it like all the have to do is sweep the phillies in a 3 game series I think that they can do it. Longoria needs a better plan at the plate lately

6. OnceIWasAYankeeFan
      October 27th, 2008 | 1:33 pm

I’m with Steve, it looks very bad for the Rays. The clock is striking midnight on Cinderella, with the Phils offense rolling and their best pitcher on the mound. One and done.

7. antone
      October 27th, 2008 | 2:10 pm

The Rays look like a beaten team right now. All the calls are going against them to go along with their poor play and it’s all snowballing on them now and they look lost out there.

The bats were ridiculously hot during the ALCS. They broke the record for most HR’s in a playoff series with 16. The previous record was 12. It only makes sense that they would go cold at the plate now. Maybe that will end tonight and they will start another hot streak, but that is their only chance.

The worst matchup they have left is tonight’s game vs Hamels. After that they have Shields and Garza vs Myers and Moyer, so you would think with a win tonight they have a better chance to win then most teams would have in the same situation. The bullpen seems overworked though and that’s starting to catch up with them too.