• Just Got My Relo Package From The Yankees

Posted by on November 7th, 2008 · Comments (7)

The good news: My seats, which were $75 per seat in 2008, will remain $75 per seat in 2009.

The I-dunno news: How fair was the relo?

In the old/current Stadium, my seats were in Section 15 of the Loge – which was an MVP Box on the first base side – close to 1B on the field.

In the new Stadium, they’ve put me in Section 213 of the Main Level. From what they’ve sent me, it looks like these seats are close to 1B – but, as the relo notice reads, it’s a “general idea” because the seat map is “not drawn to scale.”

But, I guess it could be worse…right?

The money? Leave it to the cash-strapped Yankees…they want a deposit on the seats within the week…or else I lose the seats.

Comments on Just Got My Relo Package From The Yankees

1. thenewguy
      November 7th, 2008 | 8:30 pm

The Yankees can be, and are ruthless businesspeople.

2. catseurat
      November 7th, 2008 | 9:16 pm

Do you have a complete season package? I have the former plan F (the Friday games), and haven’t even gotten a call yet that they rec’d the questionnaire. They’re probably going in order (plan A, plan B etc), but still… I should call them on Monday and find out what’s going on.

-catherine

3. November 7th, 2008 | 9:38 pm

Yes, I have the 81-game package.

4. November 8th, 2008 | 9:17 am

thats the 3D seat selector option on the website that allows you to take an awesome look at where your seats will be, and the view you’ll have from your seats.

looks like you’re right behind 1B, on the edge of the IF/OF grass. great seats, great view.

5. November 8th, 2008 | 11:17 pm

Thanks. FWIW, I was playing around with that this AM too. Cool tool. And, I’m very interested in seeing how close it comes to the real view…when I actually get to use the seats.

6. November 23rd, 2008 | 6:58 pm

[...] I saw that, well, $75 for a ticket to a Yankees game doesn’t seem so bad now… November 23, 2008 | Filed Under Yankee [...]

7. February 24th, 2009 | 11:12 pm

[...] fans being upset over their ticket options in the new Yankee Stadium. (Yes, I got lucky with my Stadium relo-results. But, being a 81-game package holder for the eight years prior to the new Stadium opening probably [...]