• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 11/12/08

Posted by on November 12th, 2008 · Comments (7)

Feel free to use this post as a place for you to comment on anything Yankees-related (or within reach of tagging the bag of being Yankees-related on a decent slide) today. It could be a casual conversation offering, or, something you saw in the news, or something very detailed that you want to share that’s within the territory of Yankeeland.

Or, comment on something that someone else has posted here in the comments…

Have fun. Play nice. And, remember, keep it Yankees-focused.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 11/12/08

1. Corey
      November 12th, 2008 | 9:13 am

Ya know, i was thinking…let’s say we get CC at a long long deal. And we get Tex at a long deal. When it comes time for Wang to get a deal, I’m assuming he’d get a good long deal, and the same goes for Joba. All of the contracts being very expensive. Can the yankees afford to have all of these players making $20+ mm a year (including A-Rod and perhaps a Jeter extension)??

2. AndrewYF
      November 12th, 2008 | 9:18 am

Why would Wang get $20 million a year any time soon? Same goes for Joba. Sabathia’s deal would be finished by the time Joba is (hopefully) making $20 million a year.

3. bfriley76
      November 12th, 2008 | 10:15 am

There are reports that the Yanks resigned Marte for 3 years/$12 million.

4. antone
      November 12th, 2008 | 11:17 am

So the Yankees signed a 34 year old reliever who had elbow inflammation last year to a three year deal. Interesting. I’m not sure I would want to lock up a reliever for more than a year or two unless it’s a dominant closer like Mo.

5. MJ
      November 12th, 2008 | 11:34 am

—————————–
      I agree, three years for non-closer relievers seems like a bit much.

6. Scout
      November 12th, 2008 | 12:30 pm

So the Yankees added two additional years for $6 million. What, exactly, was the rush? They had him for another year, after which they might have re-signed him or, depending on his performance relative to others (e.g., Phil Coke), decided he was unnecessary. Although not a big deal, this one leaves me scratching my head….

7. YankeeBaseball
      November 12th, 2008 | 8:49 pm

He’s signed cheap enough so if need be, he could be moved.