• Ozzie: Swisher Not Good In Clubhouse

Posted by on November 26th, 2008 · Comments (10)

Via Mark Feinsand -

Ozzie Guillen didn’t seem very sad to see Nick Swisher traded to the Yankees this month. The White Sox manager told the Chicago Tribune in a recent Q&A that the first baseman/outfielder wasn’t always the best influence in the Chicago clubhouse.

“You’ve got to ask the players about that,” Guillen said. “To be honest with you, I was not happy with the way he was reacting at the end of the season. He wasn’t helping me either.”

Now, you have to factor in that Ozzie Guillen is not the classiest guy in town when you read this one. But, it’s worth filing away, just in case.

Comments on Ozzie: Swisher Not Good In Clubhouse

1. Corey
      November 26th, 2008 | 9:20 am

lets see…
      if you had a job, and your boss changed your job completely (moving you from one dept to the next lets say) and you hate working in the new department, would you be pleasant to be around in the work place? Not me. In fact, I’d let it be known that I want to go back to where I liked working (1st base in his case). Swish seemed nice enough during his interview from the FAN

2. antone
      November 26th, 2008 | 9:27 am

Swisher reminds me of Giambi personality wise for some reason.

3. MJ
      November 26th, 2008 | 9:43 am

Feinsand needed to fill inches for the paper. I think if you surveyed most MLB clubhouses, you’d find at least one guy on every team that didn’t have a good experience in a previous situation and whose manager wasn’t sorry to see him go. Doesn’t make that person a “bad guy for the clubhouse” it only makes him a bad fit for his previous team. And that doesn’t even cover the fact that Ozzie Guillen isn’t the easiest guy to play for…

Also, funny side note about Feinsand: he and I went to camp together in the summer of 1987 and were in the same bunk. I had no idea back then that he even liked baseball but I remember he had a very good sense of humor and was a boisterous kid. We were in the 12/13 year old group…

4. November 26th, 2008 | 9:49 am

Who got top bunk MJ? ;-)

November 26th, 2008 | 9:56 am

Given the people I’ve seen wearing pinstripes over the years, I doubt Nick Swisher will even register on the map of “bad clubhouse guys.”

Hit and field a little, and all is forgiven.

6. MJ
      November 26th, 2008 | 10:27 am

Who got top bunk MJ?
      ————-
      10 to a cabin (including counselor), all single cots, army style.

I looked at his picture on the blogsite he runs and he hasn’t changed a bit in 20 years! It cracks me up to think that one of the beat writers for my obsession with the Yanks is a kid who used to kill spiders for me (I am terrified of them). I think he and I got into a fistfight once because he threw pudding at me.

7. November 26th, 2008 | 10:29 am

Don’t feel bad about being afraid of spiders. Clifford Franklin fears spiders as well.

November 26th, 2008 | 10:33 am

As does Glenallen Hill

9. antone
      November 26th, 2008 | 12:48 pm

As does Glenallen Hill
      ————————
      Classic!

10. butchie22
      November 26th, 2008 | 12:58 pm

Glenallen Hill? My cousin jokes about how the World Series drought is the Curse of Glenallen Hill…..at least Glenallen isn’t ‘fraid of walls like Bobby Abreu!

Ozzy is entertaining BUT he is a reckless showman and his act is wearing thin. I’ve heard good things about Swisher clubhousewise not the contrary. Tone, Swisher reminds of a Giambi type, must be the Oakland A pedigree.