• WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 12/10/08

Posted by on December 10th, 2008 · Comments (12)

Feel free to use this post as a place for you to comment on anything Yankees-related (or within reach of tagging the bag of being Yankees-related on a decent slide) today. It could be a casual conversation offering, or, something you saw in the news, or something very detailed that you want to share that’s within the territory of Yankeeland.

Or, comment on something that someone else has posted here in the comments…

Have fun. Play nice. And, remember, keep it Yankees-focused.

Comments on WasWatching.com Water Cooler Talk 12/10/08

1. Corey
      December 10th, 2008 | 9:52 am

if CC starts the year the same way as he did last year, bet ya people will be ready to run the new fat toad out…

2. antone
      December 10th, 2008 | 10:15 am

According to SI.com’s Jon Heyman, the Yankees were discussing a four-year, $66MM deal with Derek Lowe late Tuesday night. Via MetsBlog, Heyman said on WFAN this morning that the Yanks are closing in.
      —————————
      UGH…

3. YankCrank
      December 10th, 2008 | 10:27 am

—————————

noooooooooooo!

4. MJ
      December 10th, 2008 | 10:29 am

Antone, UGH is right. Just sign Pettitte and Sheets and tell Lowe to go piss off.

5. December 10th, 2008 | 10:30 am

Call me crazy, but, I think I like Lowe. What am I missing?

6. antone
      December 10th, 2008 | 10:34 am

Call me crazy, but, I think I like Lowe. What am I missing?
      ———————————–
      3 years I would take him….but not at $16.5 per year and nothing more than 3 years…he’s coming from the NL and a pitchers park on top of it. I’d rather see them just go with Sheets/Pettitte.

7. December 10th, 2008 | 10:51 am

FYI, I just started an entry on Lowe – for those who want to comment on that (there).

8. thenewguy
      December 10th, 2008 | 12:04 pm

Um. Can someone explain to me why the signing of Alan Embree (former Yankee, so this post is Yankees-related) is worthy of a front page news headline on espn.com?

The guy hasn’t thrown a good pitch in, what, like 5 years?

9. MJ
      December 10th, 2008 | 12:16 pm

Good question, thenewguy. Probably because as an ex-Yankee and ex-Red Sock, fans with name-recognition will click through…

December 10th, 2008 | 12:59 pm

Seems to be temporary, as I see something else on the site.

As for the “MLB News” sidebar, I get the following;

* Source: Peavy to Cubs has hurdles | Watch Video
      * Report: Indians nearing deal with closer Wood
      * Reports: Rockies agree to deal with lefty Embree
      * Shortstop Izturis, Orioles agree to contract
      * Orioles trade Hernandez to Reds for Freel | Law
      * Blake, Loretta reach agreements with Dodgers
      * Phillies extend Manuel’s contract through 2011
      * Ill. gov. charged with Cubs sale-related crimes
      * Rumor Central: Fuentes now Cards’ top priority

11. thenewguy
      December 10th, 2008 | 1:14 pm

I was looking on the main page:

*Dolphins’ Porter defends Plax, guns | Watch
      *Reports: Rockies, Embree agree | Meetings blog
      *Ellis works out on sidelines at Warriors practice

Also- It’s funny that Francesa hopes the CC deal will allow Joba to go to the bullpen. Mike will not let “Joba to the bullpen” die.

12. Corey
      December 10th, 2008 | 1:29 pm

i can’t believe they gave him an opt out…i thought the yanks were smarter than that